Game Analyst, The Sims™
At Maxis, creator of The Sims™, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best life simulation games in the world. We're innovators and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers-it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks, collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can impact millions of players every day.
As a Game Analyst on The Sims 4, you'll be handed the keys to massive volumes of player behavioral data and responsible for unearthing insights that meaningfully inform the development of our games.
You will work with team leaders from our Product Management, Engineering, Production, User Experience and Data Products team, supporting the Sims 4 live service throughout its entire life-cycle. From pre-launch modeling to post-launch measurement and recommendation, you will have a significant influence on the game.
You'll be working with a large but tight-knit studio of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life and a variety of different locations around the world. You'll also join a group of experienced analysts and data scientists as a member of the embedded-and-dedicated Studios Data and Insights (SDI) team.
The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, attracting a large, young, female-skewing audience. If you're passionate about games and excited about contributing to the best possible experience for our players through data and insights, come join us!
• Live Service Analyst: Query large datasets to evaluate our game's performance, including deep dives into sales and in-game behavioral data. Measure the impact/success of live service events, free content updates, and DLC launches. Establish benchmarks and provide projections during the planning phases; perform analysis to inform retrospectives; make recommendations for feature and content improvement.
• Behavioral Change Agent: Influence business decisions and product strategy through fact-based, data-driven insights and analysis; serve as a change agent in Maxis's transition to becoming a more data-driven studio.
• Data expert: Serve as a go-to expert for quantitative methodology, implementation and application; provide assistance to less data proficient members of the studio; make data-driven recommendations
• Predictive Modeling: Support our data team's strategy of building and productionalizing data products that improve the player experience. This person will leverage their demonstrated experience building, validating and deploying predictive models and algorithms to address real world problems.
• Education and Training: Be a strong contributor in our team's data democratization and education effort. Teach users of varying data proficiency levels how to use dashboards and access data. Help those who are less familiar understand the right questions to ask, and how they can better use data to inform their decision-making. Encourage all stakeholders to adopt hypothesis-driven thinking.
• 3+ years of experience working as a data analyst in a professional setting;
• Deep statistical knowledge including an understanding of probability, correlation, regression, and classification;
• Prior experience with A/B and multivariate test analysis;
• Advanced/expert proficiency querying large datasets with SQL;
• Hands on experience using Python and/or R for data analysis;
• Exceptional problem solving, creative thinking, and analytical skills;
• A quick learner with an innate desire to learn, adapt, and develop abilities;
• Superb communication skills;
• Ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders;
• Superb focus and organizational skills; able to meet tight deadlines on concurrent projects;
• Experience with Snowflake and Looker a plus;
• Experience with machine learning and other AI methodologies a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d28qx5-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.