Full-Stack Developer (Capture Technology)
Location: Vancouver, Los Angeles but the role could be open to other Canadian or US locations for the right candidate.)
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing content and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Tools and Technology and Capture Development Teams are looking for accomplished people to help us fulfil our mission of providing creative tools and workflows that allow EA to lead the industry in content quality. Our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adjustable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
We pride ourselves on being a team of open-minded collaborators who seek to build great solutions with our partners using honest and mindful communication and collaboration. We aim for excellence in all that we do, from the delivery of high-quality solutions to our culture of constant learning to our passion for sharing and innovating.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Full-Stack Developer for Capture Technology, you will be part of an internal initiative that aims to transition several tools and processes for Capture from desktop applications to web technologies.
• Architecting and leading innovative web projects leveraging modern web development best practices.
• Focusing on quality and maintainability
• Implementing features to specifications while working collaboratively with a small team of software engineers and technical artists
• Full-stack understanding, from UI in the front-end to databases in the back-end.
• Delivering scalable, extendable and robust code
• Working within design systems
• Actively contributing to the developer community
• A portfolio that showcases previously completed projects
• Being self-driven and curious.
• Experience in one or two Frameworks (such as React, VUE, Angular), protocols (Graph QL, Apollo, Rest) and UI frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc)
• Familiar with web service development with technologies such as WebAPI & WCF to create REST/SOAP services
• Appreciation for UI/UX, software craftsmanship, architecture and design patterns for writing flexible, robust and testable code
• Database design and development experience with SQL or NoSQL technologies
• Understanding of common security concerns associated with Web development (SSO, OAuth, etc)
• Familiar with testing frameworks
• Experience with source control. (i.e., Gitlab, Perforce, etc.)
• Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Good communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment
• 5+ years of experience developing web applications.
Bonus if you have:
• Experience in Motion Capture
• Experience in/Passion for e-Commerce
• Experience in DAM systems
• Experience working in Agile/Scrum-based development environments.
• Understanding of browser compatibility and testing
• Passionate about gaming and the industry
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefits packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxnbq-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.