Senior Financial Analyst, Customer Experience
We Are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Fly your starfighter against the Empire. Score the winning touchdown. Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
Come act with the curiosity and courage it takes to experiment and lead. Partner with finance and business teams at EA not just as a ''trusted advisor'' but as a strategic influencer. We help our business partners accomplish their business objectives within their financial constraints. Come prepared to articulate the ''why'' behind the numbers as you distill complexity and promote transparency. You'll work independently and also with finance and business partners across various service lines within the CTO organization.
What this Financial Analytics Associate will do at EA:
You will help us forecast and analyze Opex and HC in one or more service lines within the CTO organization. You will report to the Manager of Finance supporting the CTO organization and be based in Austin, TX or Orlando, FL.
You will have a foundation in traditional FP&A responsibilities including:
• Business Partnering – be the finance liaison to ensure business owners' success
• Financial Reporting – support internal finance teams to provide monthly reporting, improve on existing reports
• Monthly Close – prepare accrual and reclass entries to reflect accurate accounting
• Projects – organize and analyze large amounts of data to provide relevant insights to leadership on CTO wide projects
• Budgeting and forecasting - work with partners to forecast operating expenses to best meet goals and help them stay on target
We are pioneering the future of FP&A by using technology in exciting ways! We want you to share our passion for analytics (descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive). You will learn and apply business intelligence and visualization tools like Power BI and Tableau, make improvements and provide analytics using Advanced Excel (can perform complex functions) and Visual Basic skills. We encourage you to be creative, learn new technological tools and demonstrate an ability to apply these to provide new insights, improve existing processes and make life easier for everyone you support.
EA's next great Financial Analytics Associate also needs to have:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree with a preference for Finance, Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Analytics, or Mathematics.
• 0-2 years' experience in business analytics or finance. Experience in a technology organization.
• Enjoy collaborating within a group, across divisions / functions, both as part of a team and as an independent contributor
• Passion, enthusiasm to learn
• Excel skills (model building, advanced formulas and arrays)
• Understanding of Relational databases and data integration
• Learn new tools such as Business Intelligence and visualization applications (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
• Experience with the following:
• • Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
• Structured Query Language (SQL)
• Python or R
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, so we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.