Electronic Arts' Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is regarded throughout the industry as a leading mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
We're looking for a talented and dedicated Engineering Manager to join us in developing AAA mobile games. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience managing teams of accomplished engineers and a passion for the industry!
As an Engineering Manager, you will report to the Studio Technical Director. You will work with other Firemonkeys leaders in solving challenges across teams. You will help coach engineers on the team. You will be part of a team that is passionate about creating industry-leading software and help push our technologies forward while having fun. This opportunity is ideal for an experienced team leader who still wants an opportunity to keep their hands in the code.
• You will directly oversee the career development of engineers on the team
• You will help recruit and grow the team
• You will work with the Product Manager and Associate Technical Director to ensure production work has a well-defined scope and that any local and global architecture effects are understood
• You will help determine software development best practices
• You will work with QV and engineers to provide a clear testing strategy
• You will work with the Product Manager to help build solid plans and track the progress of commitments
• 3+ years experience in a leadership role
• 5+ years professional experience including C#/C++ application development
• Passion for solving challenging problems
• Experience working with a large codebase
• Knowledge or experience in game engine development
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3kmjn-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.