Senior Development Director, Europe
Guildford, United Kingdom
We are EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
At the Competitive Gaming Entertainment (CGE), we're pushing the boundaries of the industry. We're innovators and storytellers who seek to engage our players and viewers creating the most entertaining experiences for our key titles. We're creating content of different types and mediums at a blistering place and are looking to bring aboard a leader to help drive our global media distribution strategy. You will manage a team responsible for driving both reach and revenue for our Competitive Gaming content across multiple platforms.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
The Director of Media Distribution will oversee global media distribution for our Competitive titles (FIFA, Apex Legends, Madden), focusing on maximizing engagement. Their main responsibilities include:
• Execute the global distribution strategy for Competitive Gaming, including KPI's, objectives, greenlight meetings, and go-to-market plans across different titles, content types, geos, and audience segments.
• Driving key media partnerships with a focus on revenue deals with global digital partners
• Manage a diverse team of:
• • Sales professionals executing distribution deals from beginning to end, including outreach, pitching, and closing
• Account managers managing ongoing relationships with distribution partners (across linear, digital, social, and OTT platforms) and functioning as the liaison between internal EA groups
• Agency partners, who partner with the CGE to extend international reach
• Function as the media rights subject-matter expert within the CGE, sharing learnings, trends, and best practices.
• Work closely with Content & Programming, commissioner, Brand Marketing, and Brand Partnership teams to align on key beats, media packages, sponsor integrations and go-to-market plans.
• Partner with analytics and audience growth teams to develop methodologies and analytics to demonstrate the efficacy and ROI of different initiatives and platforms.
• Formulate Asia-specific strategy to expand reach of existing and new titles in region, partnering with CGE and internal teams in-market, weighing investment versus upside
• Collaborate with Business Affairs and licensors to provide regular updates and ensure strategic alignment
• Evaluate and explore new opportunities with an eye towards innovation and pushing the envelope
• 7+ years of experience in sports or media and entertainment with a strong track record of selling media rights deals. Previous esports knowledge a plus.
• Deep knowledge of global media platforms, including digital, social, and linear. Knowledge of key players in specific regions (e.g. Brazil, China, Japan) and platforms with a Gen-Z focused audience (e.g. TikTok, Instagram) a plus.
• Experience with the commercial aspects of media distribution, including rights fees, ad inventory, sponsorship passthrough, promotional inventory, promotional support, and reporting
• Experience with the connectivity between content distribution and content production
• Existing network of contacts in the broadcast space – agencies, linear networks, OTT platforms, and subscription services
• Comfort with diving in and driving initiatives as an individual contributor when necessary
• Experience in growing and managing a high-functioning team across multiple time zones
• Previous experience working cross-functionally in a large organization, specifically across functions in a matrixed environment, with strong ability to influence stakeholders without direct authority
• Experience working globally with an understanding of global and local differences, content distribution, and content customization
• Self-starter, ability to prioritize and organize a high-volume workflow and follow a project through to completion with a high attention to detail and keeping stakeholders informed
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2q9e-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.