The EA Security team protects EA by reducing our exposure to security risks by raising awareness and providing a measured, proportionate set of security and risk management controls, services and solutions. This department also ensures that EA is meeting required security standards as defined by a variety of different regulatory bodies.
The Challenge Ahead
Our games are played everywhere in the world and on any kind of gaming device (PC, web, console, mobile, smart TV's) and support a wide range of business models (digital downloads, premium content, free to play, subscriptions).
We are looking for a Data Engineer to work in the Fraud & Player Security team that manages fraud and account security for EA. Your primary focus will be to build data pipelines to support the whole team for analyzing the behavior of our user accounts and customers, identify fraud trends and high-risk transactions.
• Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines and backend services for real-time decisioning, reporting, optimization, data collection, and related functions
• Design efficient data structures and database schemas
• Incorporate data processing and workflow management tools into pipeline design
• Onboard new data to support business needs
• Use tools, debugging logs, performance metrics, and other data sources to make code- and application-level improvements
• Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
• Create and maintain SLAs on data reporting through reports and dashboards
• Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with stakeholders
• Experiment with and recommend new technologies that simplify or improve the tech stack
• Able to multi-task and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to collaborate within a team environment
• Results-driven and highly quantitative
• True passion for understanding customer behavior on-platform and in-game
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Skills and Experience:
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS etc.
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi, etc.
• Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift. Or similar experience with GCP or Azure.
• Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
• Master degree required in a engineering discipline (i.e. Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or equivalent)
• 1+ years experience in data technologies as data engineer or related roles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1y5px-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.