Associate System Owner
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield, and Star Wars, to name but a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that Anytime, Anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those leading their fields, and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
About the Team
The Data Center Operations team is primarily focused on delivering EA'a SaaS services and internal systems to support our SAAS applications. As a Data Center Operations Engineer you will help grow Ea's rapidly expanding Data Center presence as part of a world-wide team of Data Center Operations engineers. You will help implement new data center infrastructures as well as make improvements and upgrades to the current environment. Data Center Operations Engineers (Systems) work as a technical resource providing the assistance necessary for day-to-day data center operation. The engineers ensure minimal downtime of data center equipment and play an active role in maintaining its mission-critical data servers, network, and physical infrastructure. The engineer must make sure that the issues are escalated appropriately. They should work with high concentration and attention regarding security issues including access rights and privileges, confidentiality, and many other threats.
About the Role
• Primarily focused on day-to-day Data Center, Server & Network hardware break-fix & large-scale infrastructure build and deployment within tight deadlines.
• Responsible for troubleshooting connectivity issues with copper or fiber cabling.
• Provide technical communication pertaining to configurations in a concise, professional manner.
• Possess good knowledge of internal ticketing systems to provide proper customer service.
• Must identify and resolve complex server hardware and operating system failures to include the replacement of failed hardware components.
• Receive, track, and deploy server and network hardware.
• On site spares stock control, tracking and monitoring.
• Perform installation, racking, and cabling services for servers and network infrastructure, both personally and through smart hands services.
• Follow and implement processes and procedures that improve stability, performance, and availability.
• Update and Maintain data center documentation including port maps, rack layouts, PDU management and asset management thorough our DCIM and Power management tooling.
• Possess sound knowledge of operating systems, networking, and security
• Ensure established policies and procedures are followed and compliance requirements are met.
• Implement data center and infrastructure solutions that address growth, risks and scale in support of EA's business plans.
• Communicate and collaborate effectively across many organizations and various levels.
• Provide on-call support for off hours data center escalations
• Perform regular scheduled out of hours maintenance window support
• Oversee co-location Smart Hands services.
• Perform maintenance on servers & network infrastructure, including physical parts replacements.
• Possible travel to other EA Data Center locations to assist with projects as needed.
• Participate in on-call rotation providing 24x7 support
• Experience in vendor management with good understanding of SOW, service delivery and SLAs
• Identify and create documentation for the global data center knowledge base
• 4+ Years working within a high availability & high security Data Center environment.
• Experience following and implementing large scale technical infrastructure rollouts within a Data Center environment.
• 4+ Years Data Center, Network/Server troubleshooting and hardware break-fix experience.
• Demonstrable knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, HTTP.
• Demonstrable proficiency in at least one of the following: shell scripting, Perl, Java, Python or Ruby highly desirable.
• Strong Linux scripting skills in at least one of the following: Bash, Perl, Python.
• 4+ years experience following and maintaining Data Center industry best practices.
• Hands on expertise and experience with data center physical layer, racking and hardware maintenance.
• Cable management to an extremely high standard with attention to detail.
• Can demonstrate industry standard knowledge for copper and fiber cabling within a data center environment.
• Data Center documentation and asset tracking (Jira, Confluence, Visio, DCIM, etc).
• Juniper/Cisco/Dell or HP hardware experience is advantageous.
• Ability to plan and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work at heights, lift server & network hardware regularly.
• Ability to use standard tools and testers (Fluke, light meter, continuity etc)
• Network deployment experience is a plus (Junos, IOS, Network and system build tools, etc).
• Can demonstrate proficiency in Linux, preferably CentOS.
• Technical Degree or equivalent experience.
• This role may require travel throughout the US & EU on occasion.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvkmem-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.