Business Title: Senior Data Analyst
As a Senior Data Analyst in the DTS Analytics team you will play a key role in supporting the business through data analysis and reporting with the goal of improving the efficiency and quality of business operations. You should be a sharp, curious, and analytical individual who has a passion for diving into data to solve business problems. Your insights will influence the way how we run the business, and ultimately influence the quality of our games.
• Performs data analysis on a business process to provide an objective view on how the business operates.
• Designs, evaluates, and monitors key metrics that provide continuous feedback on the efficacy of the business.
• Builds live data dashboards complete with user documentation.
• Evaluates and interprets data to extrapolate risks and opportunities, relaying them to the team and management in a timely manner.
• Prepares thorough and detailed reports and presentations that help the team identify key areas of opportunity and insight to drive future design and decision-making.
• Presents the findings from the data analysis to the stakeholders, and provides suggestions for improvement in certain aspects of the business.
• Outgoing champion for data quality; creating data quality policy and implementing monitoring to ensure compliance.
• Drives best practices in tools and visual technologies for building project dashboards that provide key data for project monitoring and decision making.
• Develops and maintains scripts and queries to import, clean, transform, and augment data.
• Designs and develops statistical analysis models for hypothesis testing, prediction, or inference.
• 5+ years of work experience in a past analytical role, leveraging data to drive process improvements.
• Understands well how data is stored in databases and can write fast and reusable SQL code to retrieve it.
• Queries large amounts of semi-structured big data using Hive QL in an efficient way.
• Creates performant and intuitive data models that can be further used for visualization by the team.
• Visualizes high readability data insights using software tools like Power BI, Tableau, or Excel.
• Writes efficient Python or R code to answer data analysis questions with a high degree of confidence.
• Proficently applies statistical analysis solutions using Python or R language.
• Understands the requirements of the of Agile/Waterfall process and adjusts their work as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics etc.) and/or successful completion of post-secondary level Math and Statistics courses.
• Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and can adapt to various situations prioritizing multiple work assignments simultaneously.
• Exceptional problem solving, creative thinking, and analytical skills.
• Ability to initiate and maintain close collaborative partnerships with coworkers and stakeholders.
• Ability to take ownership of projects and look for new problems to solve and new concepts to implement.
• Able to work independently and drive for solutions with all stakeholders.
• Quick learner with an innate desire to continually learn, adapt, and develop abilities.
• Excellent foundation of math and statistical knowledge including an understanding of probability, correlation, regression, classification, and the development of statistical models.
• Skillful communicator who is not afraid to ask questions and brings new insights to light.
• Professionalism in working with clients and working in a larger team environment.
• Can establish sense of urgency and prioritize effectively to manage multiple tasks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vy7n-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.