Redwood City, CA
Core Software Engineer (Rendering, C++) - The Sims
What You Will Do
Reporting to a development Manager, as a Core Software Engineer on The Sims, you will work on core game features. The work will range from rapid prototyping to enhancing game systems and implementing new features. You will work on a variety of tasks from supporting and improving The Sims 4 engine to implementing game features for Create-a-Sim, Build/Buy, Sim animation and other major game components. Most of the work will be done in C++.
• Extend existing The Sims 4 core features and create new ones in C++.
• Work with designers, producers, content creators and other engineers to develop game features.
• Write technical design documents detailing software requirements.
• Write cross-platform code with performance and memory usage in mind.
• Debug code to document and fix bugs.
• Solve to support active live service. Technical Requirements:
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
• Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
• 5 or more years experience in a hands-on development role.
• Working knowledge of modern C++.
• Working knowledge of graphics libraries (DirectX/OpenGL/Metal).
• A good understanding of geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motions in 3D space.
• Desktop development experience.
• Experience with Windows platform and development tools (e.g. Visual Studio or other programming IDEs).
• Skills debugging complex applications.
• Experience architecting and implementing complex game subsystems.
• Communicate with the ability to cater the messaging based on audience and across departments. Pluses:
• Mac development experience.
• Xbox One/PS4 development experience.
• Knowledge of Python, C#, or familiarity with WPF.
• Experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
• Experience developing for large-scale live products.
• Experience using code static analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
• Familiarity with The Sims games on PC/Mac/consoles.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22nwy-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.