Core Game Engineer (C++, Unreal) - Maxis
Reporting to a Development Director a Core Engineer will work on one or multiple related game subsystems within the game. The work will range from rapid prototyping to production development. Most of the work will be done in Unreal Engine, both in C++ and Blueprints. Some prototypes and features may be done completely in C++.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
• 3+ years experience implementing complex game subsystems.
• 3+ years of programming experience in modern C++
• Desktop (PC/Mac) development experience required.
• Experience with Unreal Engine is strongly suggested.
• Experience with mobile platforms suggested.
• Skills debugging complex applications.
• Experience prototyping systems.
• Experience protoptyping applications.
Drive the delivery of the following:
• Work with design team to identify prototyping needs.
• Develop game subsystem prototypes.
• Improve existing prototypes.
• Provide time estimates for tasks.
• Implement production level subsystems.
• Improve code to reach the desired performance.
• Document components.
• Learn new technologies needed to complete the tasks.
• Perform as subject expert.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5jwv-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.