Build Software Engineer
The Studios and Partner Integrations Team
The SPI Team (Studios and Partner Integrations) is focused on extending EADP network reach and increasing the quality of experiences within the network. We partner with game studios to help improve experiences within the titles as well as work with external partners looking for ways to reach more players. We promote cross organization teamwork while trying to solve complicated problem
s in a repeatable way. We are responsible for application and integrations that run on both the PC, and both Sony and Microsoft's consoles. As a result of the many strategic opportunities the team is able to be dynamic on what we work on, always taking on new challenges.
What we are missing?
You! More specifically, we are looking for a Build Engineer to join EAX. Working with the rest of the team to bring our games to more platforms and more players. Our motto is to 'Meet Players Where They Are', making sure a player can access our games how they want to access our games. At the same time we are passionate about not sacrificing the player experience anywhere. You will report to an Engineering Manager and work with your peers to provide excellent services to our partnering game teams at EA.
• Work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements
• Develop and maintain automation pipelines in our CI system (Jenkins)
• Work with our internal customers on designing, prototyping and implementing new automated workflows
• Monitor automation systems and proactively respond to breakages
• Maintain the product backlog including tasks and their priorities
• Implement game preservation / archival tasks when applicable
• Work with 3rd parties to help understand their ingestion requirements
• Work with 3rd party APIs to help deliver games on those platforms.
• 3+ years experience or education in software development, or related discipline
• Continuous integration/deployment through automation servers (e.g. Jenkins, QuickBuild, TeamCity)
• Experience with OO languages (e.g. Java, C++, C#)
• Understanding of Windows architecture
• Excellent documentation skills
• Experience with source-control administration (e.g. Git, Perforce)
• Nice to Have:
• Experience deploying and maintaining virtual infrastructure (e.g. Virtual Machines)
• Experience with infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
• Experience with metrics gathering and visualization tools (e.g. Splunk, Elastic Search, Kibana)
• Experience with container orchestration and management tools (e.g Docker, Kubernetes)
• Experience publishing game one Steam, Epic or MS
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.