Remote / Virtual
Associate Development Manager – Maxis
At Maxis we are all about outrageous thinking. It is the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We are great storytellers. It is not just about amazing your peers – it is about amazing yourself. Taking risks. Work with great minds. Dare to dream big. Together we change the way millions play every day.
What an Associate Development Manager does at Maxis:
As an Associate Development Manager (ADM), you would ensure the delivery of game features on time and within budget. You would oversee the project to achieve a high quality standard and schedule predictability. The team you work with includes software engineers, quality verifications, producers, and other partners throughout EA. You partner with other Developer Managers, Producers, EA Internal Partners and Craft Directors to promote the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a focus on quality, collaboration, and communication.
• Partner with Production and discipline leaders to manage project scope and quality.
• Evaluate and advise on resource requirements needed to meet project goals.
• Work with discipline leaders to establish best practices: Ensures all workflow is clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff trained in expectations on the workflow.
• Focus on the immediate team, identify team issues and promote solutions related to execution goals.
• Anticipate bottlenecks and propose mitigation plans that balance the need of the business with team health.
• Identify task-related processes to improve efficiency.
• Track and implement project improvement plans to promote team efficiency.
• Organize stand-ups, planning and other sprint related functions
• Track team progress and provides regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
• You will report to a Development Director.
• Minimum of 2 years of project management or team leadership experience and 2 years in software development environment, in game development.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience in any number of related fields including Game Production/Development, Business, Visual Arts, Computer Science etc.
• Excellent knowledge of software production life cycle, tools, processes, and execution planning.
• Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment, ideally with Scrum Master Certification.
• Experience with project management/tracking tools such as Jira and ShotGrid (formerly Shotgun).
• Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Perforce, and Visio or equivalent alternatives
• Experience working with broad cross-functional teams.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d970kk-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.