Electronic Arts China is looking an exceptional art director for our External Partners Group. The Art Director will be responsible for encouraging, leading, and driving the artistic vision and development of AAA products. Equally vital to this role is the ability to set and maintain the creative vision and quality bar for the product which sets the standard within the industry
• You will help game development partners clarify and enhance the visuals of their games
• You will act as an expert consultant to the development studios on pipelines and methodologies
• You will identify potential technical art issues and collaborate with developers and Central resources to devise and implement solutions
• You will help find and address risks associated with art production
• You will direct visual storytelling for a variety of styles, settings, and themes
• You will coach the art teams about western art and culture to improve our ability to create games for that market.
• You will help identify elements in the game that do not match the game style and promote dialogues with partners to get them addressed.
• You will promote visual elements of the game, and able to bring them to successful quality, either personally or through delegation
• You will work with partners to enhance and expand the existing game vision.
• You will mentor artists to help them gain experience and improve skills
• You will contribute to the studio art community through training and focus-groups.
• You will engage with team members in other studios to maintain long-term relationships.
• You will take ownership and resolve art issues
• You will need English and Chinese languages on the job
• Art direction experience providing art direction for all art disciplines.
• Experience shipping several next-gen/AAA titles as art director.
• Experience guiding a variety of game styles to 100% completion.
• Experience researching a visual style and creating a 'game canon' that can be used to guide a game team.
• Experience doing makeups and paint-overs to convey visuals to both the internal team and partners.
• Experience with how all types of assets work and able to use them to best effect
• Experience providing art critique for multiple next-gen/AAA games.
• Proficient enough at scheduling and planning to help plan projects.
• Experience with different game engines their associated pipelines
• Experience with workflows – enough to correct processes of our partners.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.