A Previsualization/Rough Layout Artist creates sequences of shots that convey the story through the application of traditional filmmaking principles in a 3D computer graphics environment.
• Establish character blocking, camera positioning and animate camera movement.
• Create an animatic interpretation of the story reel.
• Ensure that the vision of the Director and Art Director are incorporated into the film where possible
• Work with existing storyboards, recreate and/or enhance story through cinematic layout of shots.
• May create rough pre-visualization models and environments to facilitate animatic work.
• Collaborate with the Editorial department to incorporate materials and animatic work into the production reel.
• Help guide the pre-visualization and layout work flow, tool and pipeline development with input and testing.
• Pre-visualize the look of the film - characters, locations, effects, look - in collaboration with the Art Department.
• Pre-visualize and layout sequences of shots that convey the story based on storyboards, story reel and/or script pages.
• Model, surface and rig pre-visualization and layout models, characters, environments, and effects.
• Optimize assets and scenes for real time interactive playback.
• Plan and prepare motion capture and camera capture sessions.
• Active participant at virtual shoots capturing motion capture data.
• Active participant at camera capture session capturing camera motion.
• Work in pre-visualization and layout on lighting, effects, rough character animation/blocking, camera motion, and rough editing.
• Motion edit motion capture and keyframe animation of characters.
• Deliver shot data to Final Layout Department that meet the need of production.
• Communicate with downstream departments to find solutions that facilitate the production process.
• 3 years of computer graphics pre-visualization production experience
• Experience with motion capture based pre-visualization workflow
• Expertise in programs such as Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Motion Builder, Adobe Photoshop
• Expertise with editing software
• Moderate to advanced modeling, surfacing and rigging skills
• Moderate to advanced skills in effects animation
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in Glendale, CA
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• Film background and/or film education
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zpkz-3-229-142-104-42 in your application.