Disney Streaming Advanced Research (DSAR) is part of Disney Streaming Services, the division responsible for the complete technical platform for the Disney direct-to-consumer streaming video products. The DSAR team pioneers advanced application features, with a focus on voice, spatial computing, and machine learning to be enjoyed and loved by millions of viewers. We perform long-running research projects and create high-fidelity prototypes to demonstrate future innovations.
The full Stack Software Engineer, Disney Streaming Advanced Research, Spatial Technologies will create, design and develop the system architecture for our spatial tracking, computer vision platform. This includes operational UI with an emphasis on remote operations, interfacing with and developing our Active Message Queue, performance enhancement of the entire system through the use of GPU processing and potential AWS/GCP services and the development of an automated neural network training system.
You will be working with small groups of Machine Vison & ML, and Computer Graphics & Data Science research engineers. You are joining our research group developing disruptive technology with a passion for innovative leading-edge technology. This is a very fast paced environment where our objective is to create POC technology that can be passed on to other groups for operations and scalability. Your emphasis is on getting the job done!
You will setup our Linux development environment, be comfortable working with GPU processing - typically using CUDA - to develop our optimized solutions to accelerate our research in OpenCV. You will liaise with creatives, project engineers and present your innovative solutions to management and departments around the Disney organization.
• Architecture design and implementation
• Performance enhancement
• Creation of visual prototypes and dynamic presentations
• Degree in Computer Science, Physics, or Math
• 4 years' experience in development and system architecture design
• Highly competent in C++
• Proven experience of CPU and GPU performance optimization
• Experience with CUDA implementations
• Comfortable with Git
• Operational UI (doesn't have to be pretty)
• Designing for remote operations
• ActiveMQ experience
• You collaborate well with a team to work towards ideal solutions
• You have the ability to work independently with minimal guidance
• You are proactive about communicating project status, progress and workload
• Understanding of software development fundamentals
• Comfortable developing a solution in the chaos of a research team
• You are the ultimate team player
• A working understanding of machine learning
• Database management
• AWS/GCP experience
• ActiveMQ Artemis experience
• Comfortable in Java
• No fear of the unknown