We are seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Senior Manager, Expansion & Strategy based in NY or CA. The ideal candidate is an experienced product and strategy professional, well versed in all aspects of bringing new products and services to market, including but not limited to, product and business strategy, end-to-end product management, operational setup and efficiencies, stakeholder management. The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter with proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, a strategic mindset, broad business experience, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced, competitive start-up environment.
• You will lead international efforts to identify growth and engagement opportunities across Disney's products and services, in partnership with internal DSS teams and international stakeholders.
• You will drive strategic business decisioning to bring to fruition ''the most hyper local'' SVOD products in market.
• You will utilize deep product knowledge and focused data analysis to execute on the opportunities that you identify and deliver both global and local wins.
• You will collaborate cross functionally with the legal, business, marketing, program management, design, engineering, and product teams to launch new products and services in new markets large and small.
• You can speak crisply to the current and planned functionality at the regional and country levels. In addition, you have interest in Media and Entertainment products generally; international exposure is a plus.
• You collaborate with senior leadership on roadmap planning, indicating what objectives your team will be working on in the future. You are transparent with that roadmap for all interested parties.
• You personify product management: how you think strategically, how you execute, and how you interact with other teams.
• 10 years experience of hands-on product management, preferably with SVOD services in international markets.
• Proven ability to lead product discussion with legal, finance, data analytics and engineering, culminating in requirements ready for translation into technical requirements.
• Experience partnering closely in a complex matrixed organization.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and writing.
• Organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
• Able to work independently, but also a team player who can collaborate well with business clients and Disney Legal.
• A strong attention to detail, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to succeed through ambiguity and create clarity from chaos.
• Flexible in an ever-changing environment.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvyqxj-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.