We are looking for an Apple Engineer to join our Mobile Platform SDK team. This is an opportunity to help build frameworks for the Apple platform to be used in industry leading apps while getting to work closely with some of the greatest minds in the streaming media technology industry. If working in a collaborative team environment and facing new challenges every day while your work gets used by millions of people excites you, then this is the role for you.
We offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
• Competitive salary
• Working together with the best in the industry - an amazing team of developers in different disciplines (Swift, Objective C, Kotlin, Java, Python, Ruby, Scala, Go, and Rust to name but a few).
• Growing yourself as a developer.
• A working environment that values equity and diversity, knowledge-sharing as well as personal/professional development
What you will do:
• You will help develop frameworks for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS with an opportunity to build frameworks at scale, with your work being integrated into apps with millions of users worldwide
• You'll meet with engineers and product owners to create requirements, identify common problems and work toward a solution
• Help develop frameworks for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
• Collaborate with wider engineering team and product owners
• Design; You'll construct APIs that are simple and elegant, with input from the core team and integrating engineers
• Build; You'll create new APIs, help improve existing frameworks, and spearhead new projects
• Test and Maintain; You'll ensure and maintain quality through integration and unit tests, and investigate issues in the wild
• Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or relevant work experience
• Swift experience
• Understanding of the Swift Foundation library and language features (Dates, Arrays, Strings, etc…)
• Strong understanding of networking technologies such as HTTP and WebSockets
• Knowledge of understanding of platform frameworks and APIs
• You will be experienced in developing frameworks used across Apple devices and platforms
• You will have an eagerness to learn new technologies, and a strong desire to be challenged technically
• Solid debugging and optimisation skills
• A passion for building, analysing and maintaining high performance software
• Strong understanding of concurrency and asynchronous architecture
• Excellent communication and collaborative skills, be a team player
Nice if you have:
• Strong Objective-C experience
• Version Control using Git
• Experience designing APIs and architecting systems used by multiple clients
• Experience developing user-facing applications across Apple devices and platforms
• Experience integrating with backend systems and web services
• Knowledge of agile software development methodologies
• Experience with documentation
This position is with The Capitals B.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9147m-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.