Disney Television Animation (DTVA) is a high-volume digital animation production studio. Because of DTVA's strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software are critical to its production operations and workflows. Disney Television Animation Technology (DTVAT) innovates and delivers solutions that support our animation studio whose content is legendary and transcends generations. As part of the Technology team you'll be joining a group of passionate, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry. We are looking for high-performing, motivated individuals who are generalists and proficient in many technologies and languages. Our team embraces disruptive thinkers who can drive innovation.
The SD works with the Software group's management to design and develop web-based software. Additionally, the SD reviews existing web-based software system capabilities to evaluate what changes can be made within existing systems and when new systems must be added to provide solutions - whichever meets the project and/or production needs in the timeliest manner and fits within the specific budget.
The SD is responsive to our environment's critical production timelines and is able to analyze bugs/ system glitches, track them to the corrupted code, implement timely repairs, and make recommendations for avoiding similar situations via code/software/system changes and code management procedures
The Software Developer (SD) is responsible for developing web-based code/software solutions and maintaining existing web-based code/software for the Television Animation business unit.
A high-level breakdown of the Software Developer's responsibilities follows:
• Analyzing production software procedures and problems
• Evaluating the effectiveness of existing software solutions
• Making recommendations to improve: production software output, efficiency, and workflow
• Software analysis and design
• Code testing / integration
• High level support of developed code
• Minimum of 2 years working with web centric software development technologies.
• A portfolio of demonstrated web based solutions.
• Must be able to work independently with technical and non-technical staff to determine web based system design, modification and support needs
• Strong written documentation skills and possess creativity in developing easy-to-use tools and ''quick fixes.''
• Experience working with networking environments.
• Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally.
• Ability to strategically solve complex technical issues.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, production critical environment.
• Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
• Must be experienced, understanding a range of development languages / platforms and operating systems:
• Linux, Windows and Mac OS X
• Mobile development experience is a ''plus''
• Experience working on PHP frameworks
• jQuery, AngularJS
• REST APIs
• XML technologies: XSL, XSLT, X-PATH, and XSL-FO
• MySQL and Database architecture
• Apache and Nginx web servers
• SVN and Git
• VI / VIM, command line editors, EMACS
• Cross-browser development (I.E. / Firefox / Safari / Chrome)
• Knowledge of Design Patterns for Enterprise Level Application Development
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7w90-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.