We seek an enthusiastic and experienced product manager to lead our efforts in evolving our world-class media platform. As the Senior Product Manager for Media Quality of Experience, you will be responsible for defining the vision and strategy of the quality of experience (QoE) for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ services. Our goal is to provide the best viewing experience for our users, from watching Hamilton on a 4K HDR TV to viewing live sports on a mobile device. You will work on improving the video experience for users regardless of their viewing environment and the type of content. You will work with both internal teams as well as external partners to drive new innovations in video encoding and streaming technology, with the potential to influence the wider video industry on better ways to stream video.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, resourceful, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. The ideal candidate makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
• Work with stakeholders to establish and identify product goals and define product roadmap and KPIs
• Partner with data science, engineering, and other product teams to identify new product and process opportunities to deliver the highest video quality for users
• Take a data driven approach to constantly improve the product - devise measurement and reporting frameworks and processes to communicate status to neighbors and stakeholders, as appropriate to each
• Collaborate with engineering teams to translate product requirements into actionable stories using an Agile product development process
• Maintain strategic insight into the latest industry trends for video encoding and streaming
• You have 5-10 years experience in product management within video streaming or related industries
• You have a strong technical understanding of video streaming technology
• You have an obsession with making customers happy, and strong opinions about good customer experience
• You have demonstrated ability to use data to drive decisions and back up assumptions and recommendations
• You have demonstrated success building and executing product roadmaps aligned with business requirements and technology capabilities in global businesses
• You have excellent written and oral communication skills
• You're scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge.
• You've demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas
• Experience with using analytics tools to measure video QoE
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmk09-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.