New York, NY
Disney Streaming Services is changing how people watch movies, shows, sports and live events. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of what's possible. It's an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media as more content creators seek how to engage their audience with compelling user experiences. The design team has a pivotal role in giving form to those ideas and continually improving these apps that people use every day.
The DSS design team is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and authentic experiences that connect people with the content they love. We work where art meets science, exploring ideas by using the power of design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter, cultivating a culture of diverse perspectives and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but never settle.
We're looking for a Sr. Design Technologist to join our International Product Design team. As our ideal candidate, you're a creative powerhouse with an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving. You have a strong grasp of prototyping tools, which you know how to expertly apply to bring your concepts to life, allowing you to work efficiently from discovery to testing to delivery. You strike a balance between strategy and execution, connecting dots between Product Design, Engineering, and Product teams. You thrive on experimentation and innovation with proven ability to translate learnings into impactful consumer products.
Ultimately, your passion for emerging technologies and user experiences drives you to develop concepts and systems that deliver on our promise to connect people with the content they love.
As a Sr. Design Technologist, you will:
• Create production-quality functional concepts for consumer-facing streaming apps
• Contribute to establishing a repeatable process for testing with functional prototypes and delivery to engineering
• Architect dynamic and scalable components and systems to enable design exploration and user testing
• Develop interactive toolkits and plugins to support the Product Design team's workflow and prototyping efforts
• Collaborate cross functionally with Product, Engineering, and Product Design to ensure prototypes and concepts meet consumer needs
• Stay informed on cutting edge industry practices and technologies to drive innovation on the Product Design team
• 5+ years driving innovation and prototyping practices with proven business impact
• Proficiency with frameworks and libraries such as React and NodeJS
• Expertise using prototyping and design tools like Framer X, Figma, Sketch, etc.
• Strong ability to present and explain work to stakeholders and executive leadership
• Experience designing global products, with a keen understanding of localization, regional and cultural considerations
• Strong preference for hands-on experience designing for RTL UI
• Strong preference for experience designing for and/or fluency in Hebrew, Arabic, or CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.