Sr. Storage Engineer
New York, NY
Disney Streaming Services mission is to give consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time, or location. By driving technological innovations, Disney Streaming Services aspires to become the leading distributor of direct-to-consumer entertainment and the premier provider of video streaming solutions globally. It successfully designs, develops, and delivers direct-to-consumer streaming services for a growing roster of media products. Media Engineering builds scalable distributed systems to acquire, manage, process and distribute Disney's content catalog.
The Senior Manager of Software Engineering reports to the Director of Software Engineering. She/he is responsible for leading an engineering team's delivery of 4-6 software engineers to the successful delivery of software services and its operational execution. The role provides technical expertise in building software services to acquire, manage, process and distribute media.
• Direct software engineering teams to design, build, deliver and operate software services to acquire, manage, process and distribute Disney's content catalog.
• Build collaboratively with the teams you direct and neighboring engineering teams.
• Work with project stakeholders to define scope and objectives, communicating requirements to development teams.
• Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks to internal and external stakeholders.
• Lead technical feasibility, implementation approach, deployment strategies, and QA efforts.
• Continue to improve project management process, communication protocols, and operational procedures related to effective, on-time and on-budget software delivery.
• Recruit and hire talented software engineers.
• BA or BS or equivalent experience demonstrating an expert level understanding of software development and infrastructure
• 7+ years experience building complex distributed software services.
• Have successfully managed software engineering teams to deliver reliable distributed software services.
• Highly skilled in the software development life cycle, software architecture and writing software.
• You're practical and personable, with a succinct communication style
• Experience building multiple concurrent projects of high technical complexity
• Ability to work in a dynamic, 24x7 availability environment
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.