New York, NY
We are seeking a Senior Manager to join our Data Governance team. This role will lead a cross-functional team of data compliance engineers and governance analysts to help implement controls across our data ecosystem and drive customer centric privacy solutions across our products. You will directly contribute to the success of our data strategy by working cross-functionally with data, legal, marketing, engineering and product across our global footprint for Disney Streaming Services.
At DSS, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. Data Governance works closely with data engineering, legal, back-end services and front-end technology teams to drive our governance strategy designed to ensure quality data that is both secure and compliant with internal and external compliance & legal guidelines such as CCPA and GDPR.
• Provide team direction and leadership across data with technical and non-technical teams to develop and deploy data compliance processes and systems
• Manage activities of multiple teams and individual contributors in the data compliance and governance space, working closely with stakeholders and aligning with the strategic direction of data governance strategy
• Represent the team in discussions with technical and business stakeholders globally as a subject matter expert on our toolkit and roadmap for data protection and consent management.
• Outline and manage data governance performance and standards, while developing and implementing operating plans to achieve those standards via audits, automation and processes
• Communicate risk assessment and/or audit findings to management, develop improvements in the design and effectiveness of key controls including automation
• Lead strategic direction to and support in performing data privacy and compliance audits for key issues related to PII, CCPA, legal guidance, launch preparedness and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations. Identifying and inventorying issues, suggested improvements, and aid in tracking and implementing fixes.
• Draft and ensure execution of privacy-related procedures such as consumer protection regulations, cookie disclosures and data privacy policies and processes
• Develop and maintain team reporting frameworks and documentation for data governance team
• Develop and deliver data privacy training across the organization including the implementation of privacy oriented controls and frameworks to deliver effective data privacy processes as directed by legal
• 8+ years' experience in a Data Governance, Data Compliance, Data Privacy Office, Privacy Risk Office, Privacy Compliance or Data Protection Function
• Experience with international privacy regulatory frameworks such as GDPR, CCPA and other applicable regulations
• Experience reviewing and auditing new and existing data capabilities and services from a data regulatory perspective
• Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills particularly with technical or engineering functions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
• Strong analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with possible solution(s), document the changes, and communicate to the change to the organization
• Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations / solutions in a timely manner
• Experience deploying or owning product oriented software to ensure data compliance at scale in an analytics organization
• Privacy professional accreditation or similar certification
• Experience working with large datasets, ability to use data to problem solve
• Experience working in a startup or software oriented company
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.