Lead Marketing Strategy Manager
Based out of Burbank, California, the Senior Manager, Business Operations Planning will work closely with the EVP and other Business Operations leaders for Disney Streaming, providing thought leadership and executional support on special projects in service of the growth of the team, internal stakeholder management and day-to-day affairs involved in running the department. While there is no set duration for this position, the role is generally occupied for one to two years, after which other potential opportunities may be available within Streaming.
• Serves as strategic advisor and sounding board for the EVP and leadership team, with a particular focus on the issues impacting internal communications, morale, engagement, and recognition, inclusive of DEI initiatives in partnership with HR
• Assume day-to-day responsibilities for various projects and tasks, including creating and maintaining the leadership teams' annual planning calendar across all functions, planning and preparing leadership for the quarterly business planning cycle, and leading change management and stakeholder communications for the department, as we continue to scale. Synthesize and prioritize key information for the Business Operations leadership team, to help drive effective decision making in a rapid pace environment.
• Responsible for internal and external communications, support in drafting communications and presentations, driving alignment between teams
• Create and maintain connections across the segment and the company, enabling team success
• Drive team/business cadence through scheduling and agendas for staff meetings, town halls and executive meetings ensuring materials are sent in advance (when applicable), time is well-spent, and objectives are achieved
• Work closely with the leaders in helping to establish and roadmap strategic priorities, for the efficient operation, and to continuously improve engagement, of the team globally.
• Apply an organization-wide leadership lens to translate strategic directions and priorities into short-term and long-term business plans
• 6+ years of hands-on strategy or project management work experience
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, IT, Computer Science or related field; or equivalent practical experience
• Experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously under tight timelines and quickly shifting priorities
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Proven experience organizing and directing across multiple teams and departments
• Intellectual curiosity and a strong need to learn and improve
• Impeccable follow-through, detail oriented, highly resourceful.
• Comfortable executing in collaboration with others, and as an individual contributor
• Direct communicator, and able to cater communication to different audiences
• Exceptional emotional intelligence, empathy, and sound judgment to their work and collaboration with others, making them a trusted colleague and go-to partner.
• Executive presence, presentation, and storytelling
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
• Demonstrate a high degree of trust
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8z8n6-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.