Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology
On any given day at Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology, we're reimagining ways to create magical viewing experiences for the world's most beloved stories while also transforming Disney's media business for the future. Whether that's evolving our streaming and digital products in new and immersive ways, powering worldwide advertising and distribution to maximize flexibility and efficiency, or delivering Disney's unmatched entertainment and sports content, every day is a moment to make a difference to partners and to hundreds of millions of people around the world.
A few reasons why we think you'd love working for Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology
• Building the future of Disney's media business: DE&E Technologists are designing and building the infrastructure that will power Disney's media, advertising, and distribution businesses for years to come.
• Reach & Scale: The products and platforms this group builds and operates delight millions of consumers every minute of every day – from Disney+ and Hulu, to ABC News and Entertainment, to ESPN and ESPN+, and much more.
• Innovation: We develop and execute groundbreaking products and techniques that shape industry norms and enhance how audiences experience sports, entertainment & news.
The Ad Platforms team is responsible for building and operating the technology that supports Disney's industry-leading, multi-billion dollar global advertising business. Working across all of Disney's streaming brands and linear channels, this team's scope is wide ranging - they impact everything from core infrastructure development that powers Disney's proprietary ad server, to reimagining viewer-first ad experiences and formats. This team's award-winning, in-house built technologies are the backbone of Disney's ad business and a critical element of the Company's streaming future.
The Senior Data Engineer will contribute to the Company's success by partnering with business, analytics and infrastructure teams to design and build data pipelines to facilitate measuring subscriber movements and metrics. Collaborating across disciplines, they will identify internal/external data sources, design table structure, define ETL strategy & automated Data Quality checks.
• Partner with technical and non-technical colleagues to understand data and reporting requirements.
• Work with engineering teams to collect required data from internal and external systems.
• Design table structures and define ETL pipelines to build performant Data solutions that are reliable and scalable in a fast growing data ecosystem.
• Develop Data Quality checks
• Develop and maintain ETL routines using ETL and orchestration tools such as Airflow
• Implement database deployments using tools like Schema Change
• Perform ad hoc analysis as necessary.
• Perform SQL and ETL tuning as necessary.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 5+ years of relevant data engineering experience.
• Strong understanding of data modeling principles including Dimensional modeling, data normalization principles.
• Good understanding of SQL Engines and able to conduct advanced performance tuning.
• Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal presentations.
• Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning competencies.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
• Familiarity with Agile Scrum principles and ceremonies.
• 2+ years of work experience implementing and reporting on business key performance indicators in data warehousing environments, required.
• 2+ years of experience using analytic SQL, working with traditional relational databases and/or distributed systems (Snowflake or Redshift), required.
• 1+ years of experience programming languages (e.g. Python, Pyspark), preferred.
• 1+ years of experience with data orchestration/ETL tools (Airflow, Nifi), preferred.
• Experience with Snowflake, Databricks/EMR/Spark, and/or Airflow
The hiring range for this position in Santa Monica, CA is $136,038.00 to $182,490.00 per year and in New York City, NY and Seattle, WA is $142,600.00 to $191,100.00. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Direct to Consumer:
Disney's Direct to Consumer team oversees the Hulu and Disney+ streaming businesses within Disney Entertainment helping to bring The Walt Disney Company's best-in-class storytelling to fans and families everywhere.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Direct to Consumer.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj416e-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.