Art Director - Unannounced Channel
• Oversee the series crew, working closely with the Line Producer and production team to ensure that all production goals and deadlines are met. When issues/problems arise, the Production Manager will flag the Line Producer and bring forward suggestions on how to resolve the issues/problems. When the Line Producer is out of the office, cover all applicable responsibilities.
• Approve timecards for the crew and ensure that hours are allocated correctly and that overtime is approved and charged appropriately.
• Partner with the series leadership to manage the production schedule and assignments to crew members. This includes, assigning artists work, setting artist deadlines, giving feedback when expectations are not met and elevating concerns to the Production Executive and/or Line Producer when unable to resolve issues.
• Work with Production Coordinator to manage script processing in preparation for casting, auditions, and records
• Oversee storyboard conforming and processing before, during, and after animatic editing
• Collaborate with Production Coordinator to prepare all materials necessary for overseas animation shipping, including breaking down scripts, entering all artwork into ''Insight'' database, preparing lead sheets, x-sheets, storyboards, animatics, audio elements, etc.
• As required, regular contact with Vendor Studio. Work closely with Vendor Studio to ensure that both studios are on track and clear on expectations for the week. Flag any delays from WDTVA to Vendor as well as any issues brought to WDTVA from the Vendor. Ensure that new requests from the Vendor are reviewed and responded to in a timely manner.
• Oversee the Retake process and cover Retake sessions. This includes working with the Post Supervisor and/or Coordinator to ensure Mix dates and Final Playback sessions are on track to complete as scheduled.
• Work closely with Department Assistants to schedule necessary meetings. Keep a close eye on the calendar to ensure that all required meetings are accounted for and that if there are conflicts they are resolved or brought to the Line Producer to resolve.
• Track S&P and Legal notes
• As needed, request artist deals and trigger payments
• Work with Line Producer to regularly track deals & payments to ensure no payments or deals are outstanding
• Partner with IT and OPS to ensure that the artists and production staff have all hardware, software and office/cube tools needed. If there is a request from the team, the Line Producer will facilitate getting it through to the appropriate departments and follow-up on their behalf as needed.
• Prepare paperwork for freelance staff. Identify single assignment needs with Line Producer and follow up to confirm that needs have been met. Work closely with artists to ensure their assignment and delivery expectations are clear.
• As needed, research and purchase reference/research materials.
• Provide any requested materials to other divisions and partners, per WDTVA guidelines.
• Ensure that all show elements and production material is archived as per WDTVA and studio policy. Perform all other applicable duties as assigned by WDTVA Leadership and per WDTVA policies and procedures.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
• Strong leadership qualities with the ability to partner with Creatives and Executives, collaborate with peers, and manage and mentor artists and production teams
• Ability to oversee multiple projects and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
• Strategic thinker with the ability
• Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
• Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; ToonBoom Storyboard Pro; Adobe Photoshop; Insight or other Production tracking tools
• Excellent organizational skills, strong written & verbal communication skills
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent years of experience
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.