The Walt Disney Company launched a Disney-branded streaming service in 2019 featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The direct-to-consumer (DTC) service will serve as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalogue that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases.
We're looking for a talented, and team-oriented Product Designer to join our product design team. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and will thrive upon the legacy of our company while embracing unconventional thinking. Above all we are seeking an individual who is passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
As a Product Designer, you'll be leading efforts to create the highest-quality artwork for the Disney+ platform that ultimately contributes to the core user-experience of our subscribers. You'll work with studios across all our regions to source the most appropriate and best quality artwork as well as direct the agencies producing the artwork and ultimately the final approval prior to launch. You'll work closely with all groups that contribute to the Disney+ platform. As part of the Product Design group, you'll always look to balance the essence of the brand story and maintain the integrity of the product user interface; to always ensure the best experience for the user while delighting them with great content and visuals. As a team, you'll also coordinate and collaborate with other Product Designers working on similar artwork projects as well as project managers to ensure a smooth review and approval process.
• Provide art direction and design feedback to vendors
• Reviewing title & series artwork at scale
• Tracking the approval status of multiple titles across various vendors and agencies
• Strong eye for composition and design principles
• Ability to clearly communicate design expectations & possible solutions
• General knowledge of design software and familiar with Disney+ product design
• Escalate design challenges to creative teams/stakeholders as needed
• Make clear recommendations to unique design challenges (working with limited assets)
• Communicate design values with vendors and enforce quality compliance
• Ability to provide constructive design feedback while maintaining a strong working relationship with our partners
• Coordinate with internal teams to source additional assets
• Maintain a solid understanding of the Product design (artwork) specifications and guidelines and able to communicate externally
• An online portfolio featuring great visual image design work
• 3-5 years experience designing and shipping successful consumer experience in a fast-paced product-centric, technology environment.
○ Identifying core goals, success-KPI's and expectations in performance
○ Utilizing rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques.
○ Designing for multiple platforms and screens.
○ Defining and evolving design systems.
○ Leading project design efforts/teams.
○ Working closely with a cross-functional team of designers, software engineers, product managers, and business owners through all product development phases.
○ Delivering engineering-friendly design specifications and documentation.
○ Familiarity with version control.
○ Informing and evangelizing the design process.
• Solid foundational design skills and sensibilities.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Professional experience with creating and managing digital content assets in the media/entertainment industry for (mobile, web, TV) is a significant advantage
• Sensitivity to handling of studio-based imagery and assets and the many facets of legality associated
• Experience in the business of digital subscription services, a bonus
• Experience in verbally articulating conceptual and design decisions to executives while being aware and sensitive to strategic influences
• Proven leadership and strategic ability
• A love of television, film, and entertainment.
• Experience in commercial advertising and brand campaigns is a plus
• Smart, conceptual, confident, competent, adaptable, proactive, and results-oriented.
• Earnest, mature, and ego-free; you welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.
• You have an innate passion for learning new software design technologies and trends.
• You embrace change and ambiguity as an opportunity for design to lead.
• You can move effortlessly between doing design work and defining requirements and goals.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyoz7m-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.