The Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) D.A.T.A. Product Team is seeking a skilled Manager to join the Data Solutions & Instrumentation team, leading Disney's Technology products within the Sports (ESPN), Entertainment (ABC, FX, National Geographic, & Freeform), News (ABC News & ABC Owned Television Group), Kids (DisneyNow) and Fan & Branded (Marvel) portfolios. The ideal candidate has significant experience managing the instrumentation of digital analytics tools or digital measurement tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics or similar, and a strong understanding of how data is structured or captured from web and native applications. The Data Solutions & Instrumentation team plays a key role in defining DMED data collection strategy, developing data requirements, KPIs, and acceptance criteria for new products. The team also develops tools and processes for validating instrumentation accuracy and monitoring ongoing data quality and schema adherence.
Successful candidates will be comfortable and excited about leading, planning & executing across functional teams in a fast-paced, highly technical environment. This role will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with a diverse set of leaders including engineering, product, program management, data technology, analytics, and marketing functions throughout The Walt Disney Company. This is a unique opportunity to work across a portfolio of the world's most recognizable brands and ensure their businesses are making the most data-driven decisions possible. This role will report to the Director of Data Solutions & Instrumentation.
• You will lead and develop a team responsible for the gathering, defining & implementation of data requirements for all digital products within the Sports, Entertainment, News, Kids and Fan & Branded portfolios
• You will be the primary point of contact for leadership stakeholders in the product, engineering, ads & research organizations as the team translates business requirements into technical specifications and supports cross-functional teams through the implementation and validation process
• You will continually drive the unification of the data collection strategy across product portfolios and the way in which the team engages with stakeholders globally
• You will manage the capacity of a large team (located across the US) that includes internal instrumentation experts in addition to a team of external consultants to ensure we're consistently delivering against milestones / roadmaps
• You will be the relationship lead with our external 3rd party measurement partners (Adobe, Nielsen & Comscore) and ensure the consistent health and validation of their implementations within our products
• You will need to creatively resolve blockers, manage stakeholders, and balance multiple competing priorities to find optimal solutions to technical challenges
• 3+ years' of experience directly managing a team of technical analytics instrumentation experts in a highly cross-functional and fast-paced environment and a proven track record as an effective team builder
• 5+ years' technical experience implementing digital analytics, product quality of service, or ad/mar tech tools in an agile environment
• Understanding of the digital landscape and how to capture and structure user engagement, product performance, and quality of service data for use in downstream analytics or marketing tools
• Strong technical aptitude for digital analytics and tag management tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Ensighten, mParticle, etc.
• Proven ability and level of comfort conversing intelligently with engineering leads, product executives and researchers
• A strong attention to detail, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Experience within the media industry and syndicated measurement partners like Nielsen or ComScore
• Basic knowledge of SQL
• Familiarity with shepherding data from the point of collection to end-user
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4x4k7-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.