This is a key leadership role that partners with the Executive Producer(s), Art Director and Producer to execute the creative vision of the series. The Location Design Lead will work directly with the team to ensure a quality and consistency of style throughout the series.
• Work closely with Art Director and/or Background Paint Lead to apply and execute line, shape, and details to approved background designs
• Location Design Lead will touch base with other Location Designers keeping things on style prior to review with Art Director
• Work with Production and Art Director in breaking down Location Design needs for each episode
• Assign and distribute Location Design assignments if Art Director is unavailable
• Helping manage re-use and re-use library
• Assisting Art Director on managing, execution or distribution of revisions after art reviews
• Further the storytelling process using composition, perspective, and staging
• Adhere to the production schedule provided by Producer to ensure cost effective, timely production
• Ensure that the high quality and style of show established by the Executive Producer(s) and Art Director is achieved and maintained.
• Communicate feedback to Location Designers when Art Director is unavailable
• In the event that the Art Director is out of the office, Location Design Lead would run art reviews with directors and show leadership and manage handouts to Location Design team as needed
• May oversee the BG Design & Paints teams, delegating work and monitoring their schedules to create and maintain consistency with the design of the project
• Ability to align with style and sensibility of show
• Ability to translate reference into 2D art
• A portfolio demonstrating your ability to design in a variety of tones and styles
• Knowledge of drawing software that includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Harmony and 3D technology, where applicable
• Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Bottom of Form
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71jv8-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.