Animation TV - Manager, Preschool Development
Drives the production of pilots, animation tests, and other deliverables with a mindset towards embracing the creative discovery process inherent in development. The ultimate goal is to lead a project and team to make development deliverables the best they can be, and help set up the project for a potential greenlight and successful series launch. This position partners with Development and creative leadership (EPs, Directors, Story Editors, Production Management, Current Series, Development, and vendor studios) to define the creative goals of the pilot and other deliverables and leads the team to achieve those goals.
• Understand the creative goals of the project and balance the competing pressures of the production: creative vision, schedule, and budget.
• Strong ability to pivot when creative or platform changes impact pilot and deliverables, schedule, or budget.
• Communicate clearly and facilitate the flow of information to the development teams, internal production partners and the external production studio.
• Work with Development Production and Creative Executives, Production Finance, and other departments to manage and review the budget, approve invoices, and forecast annual budget needs with oversight from the Development Production Executives.
• Understands animation processes and how to manage complexity, including asset counts, footage, character density/count, animation quotas, retakes, overtime and other metrics, and how those factors impact the budget.
• Identify production companies that have the talent necessary to work on a TVA show.
• Liaison with the production studio doing the work – provide them with materials, access to key creative talent at Disney, and other resources they will need to complete the development work.
• Communicate the production schedule to the external production company and manage any changes to that schedule.
• Partner with the Creative Executives at TVA to hire resources for each project as necessary. This could include freelance talent, daily call employees and production companies.
• Drives the series preparation process, including preliminary budget, schedules, and other discussions with show creators, Development and Creative Executives, and other departments for a smooth transition to greenlght of the series.
• Mentor first-time creative leaders in development on the production aspects of leading a series at TVA.
• Be forward thinking: plan ahead and anticipate what will come next. Identify problems and propose solutions.
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in Animation Production, Visual Effects Production, Game Production, or equivalent.
• Proven ability to evaluate the creative talent of individual artists and production companies, including evaluating art work, digital media, and technical capabilities.
• Strong customer service, consultative and partnering skills.
• Knowledge of 2D Animation and CG Animation, including Flash and Harmony production.
• Proven networking capabilities with professional organizations, creative groups, alumni associations, etc.
• Excellent organizational, verbal and writing skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multitask.
• Positive attitude and ability to be extremely flexible in a non-static environment.
• Proven ability to solve problems and interact with a wide variety of personalities.
A successful Development Line Producer
• has a strong relationship with the company's creative leadership and other key creative talent
• Is flexible and able to pivot as projects move forward, stall and change shape daily
• is connected to an excellent network of creative talent (both internal and freelance) available to do single assignment work or various projects as needed
• strategizes about how to solve production problems and suggests solutions
• manages the schedule and budget while balancing the creative needs of the show
• communicates well with the studio leadership, and any external production companies working on the projects in development
• understands how the processes at TVA work and who to speak with to get things done
• builds relationships with and across departments and stakeholders
• creates an environment where people are valued for their contributions and feel engaged in their work
• Innovates in the role: brings new ideas and processes to the Line Producer role and Production Management team
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo9j2-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.