Disney Streaming Services is changing entertainment. Our mission is to create the best viewing experiences and to push the envelope of what's possible across the full range of devices from phones to televisions. It's an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media, and to work specifically on Disney+, still in its first year. The design team has a pivotal role in the development of the product, giving form to new ideas that continuously improve our guest experience.
We are looking for a design leader for the team designing the tools that operate Disney+, Hulu, and Star+. We believe that powerful and well-designed tools do more than make our work easier. They change how we think about what's possible. The conversation shifts from, ''How can we do this?'' to ''What else can we do?'' The mission of this design team is to make our company smarter, faster and better able to serve our customers.
• Create an atmosphere of trust, empathy and a growth mindset to foster psychological safety, connection and collaboration.
• The mentorship, coaching and professional development of the team, including managers and practitioners at all levels.
• Represent the team, and its design strategies, to stakeholders across the org, including experience engaging with executives up to the CEO.
• Drive the business value of design by measuring and reporting design-specific outcomes for the full program.
• Collaborate with cross-functional peers in Product and Engineering to steer the larger enterprise tools program roadmap.
• Lead and manage team members in different locations & time-zones.
• Recruit and develop the talent needed to achieve the program goals.
• You have developed executive presence, inspiring confidence from your team and peers.
• Strategic planning responsibilities that have broad impact inside and outside of their own team
• You are a mature & polished presenter able to integrate storytelling into your communication.
• You have a deep analytical mindset to leverage for short term and long term goals.
• You have a fearless, execution oriented mindset - with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get it done, but the eye and heart to make sure it's something users love.
• You've debated different designs, and learned the times you've been both right and wrong when put in front of actual users.
• You love and care for the craft of designing and building great UI and UX
• You can't wait for the opportunity to shape design philosophy, tools, operations and discipline on a high impact design team.
• You are a passionate designer yourself.
• You would be a great fit on the team we already have and bring a strong portfolio and enterprise product experience.
• You work quickly and know how to inspire a team to design for quality while moving fast.
• You set and keep the bar very high.
• As a leader in the company, you care about building the processes to drive design through the full product and engineering teams to deliver best-in-class user experiences.
• 10+ years of design experience building enterprise or SAAS products.
• 5+ years of experience managing and developing diverse design teams.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roomqp-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.