Product Manager, Delivery
New York, NY
The Media Distribution team is looking to hire a passionate Performance Engineer with experience in the Content Delivery space.
As a Performance Engineer within the Media Distribution organization, you'll be responsible for improving edge performance of our video CDN delivery solutions, servicing the customers across our platforms including Disney+, ESPN+, and others. You'll also function across departments, working with our client engineering, operations and services teams to identify and improve areas within the distribution ecosystem. You will help with the development of tooling, perform detailed analysis on edge delivery performance while assisting with research on next generation distribution technologies.
• Develop consistent and improved edge caching implementations with third party and internal partners
• Create code for improved automation of caching solutions, reporting, and analysis
• Work with edge service APIs to prototype integrated solutions focused around Content Distribution
• Research next generation technology and real world implications to CDNs and caching architecture
• Actively review performance metrics across a variety of edge providers and find areas to optimize performance.
• Maintain and improve performance analysis insights and solutions
• 3+ years experience within the Content Delivery Network Industry
• Knowledgeable of HTTP/DNS/Internet Architecture
• Knowledgeable Cloud Technologies (AWS, GCP)
• Knowledgeable of Web Serving (NGINX, HAProxy) & Caching (Varnish) software
• Deep understanding of streaming video protocols (HLS) and how it interacts with caching
• Knowledge of video players and impact on cache logic
• Technical interest involvement in the CDN industry
• Passion for Troubleshooting and Debugging
• High level of expertise with code development (Python)
• High level of expertise with metric backends (Grafana, Graphite, InfluxDB)
• High level of expertise with 3rd party API interaction (Conviva)
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.