TV Animation - Compositor
Animation Checker - The Ghost and Molly Mcgee
The Animation Checker ensures consistent and complete delivery of production material to vendor studios and controls quality to reduce post-production costs.
• Overall: check and confirm that all files, media, and information to be shipped are correct, complete and consistent.
• Using Storyboard Pro, review storyboards prior to production for missing or incorrect scene descriptions, character actions, camera moves, effects, and special notes on each panel within each scene.
• Coordinate with Director and Production to include revised storyboard panels from animatic if there is a difference and/or coordinate with Editor to adjust animatic to include any revised storyboard panels after confirming with Director.
• Make sure scene numbers, action notes, camera moves, effects, character names, special notes, hook-ups, and lighting sources are all called out correctly on storyboard and X-sheets, if applicable, and that the storyboards, X-sheets and animatic all match each other.
• Verify that character reactions, expressions and actions are concise and follow standard walk/run cycle sheets, where applicable
• If X-sheets are required, review lip assignment to confirm the correct mouth chart is followed
• Review scene cuts and confirm they match the animatic. Review with Director if scene cuts do not match. Coordinate with Timing Director to adjust scene cuts, if necessary.
• Ensure there are correct camera moves, action, lip sync, character names, abbreviations, hook-ups or effects and correct scene and panel numbers on all X-sheets.
• Create the final route sheet within Insight
• Enter final footage and submit final checked work to Production to ship to vendor studio
• Advanced Mac/PC skills
• Familiarity with Storyboard Pro
• Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Insight or ability to learn proprietary software quickly
• Traditional 2D, Harmony and CG Animation Pipeline experience or training preferred
• Proven ability to be detail-oriented and highly organized is required.
• Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Must be able to work collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure.
• Must be open to direction and able to embrace change.
Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.