Content Operations - Associate Project Manager
The Global Content Operations team (GCO) is responsible for the end-to-end workstreams of Originals, Library and Marketing assets, ensuring the proper delivery and integrity from the creators' hand-off to the ingestion and validation on Disney+, creating efficiency and seamless workflows across the entire content supply chain.
The Title Management team within GCO is responsible for delivering TWDC library and acquisition titles for both Disney+ and Star/Star+ viewers, globally. The Title Management team works with many stakeholders in and outside of the company and oversees workflows and data management related to title planning, title ordering, rights and clearances, first availability windows, descriptive and functional metadata, ratings, S&P/Compliance, and delivery ingestion and validation.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and enthusiastic person for the position of Senior Manager, Title Management - Ordering. Reporting to the Senior Director, Catalog Content Operations in Glendale, this individual will oversee a team that is responsible for managing the content configuration, territory mapping, and asset and component ordering for all Disney+ and Star titles. This person will work closely with Programming, Title Planning, Studio Operations, and Disney Streaming Services teams to ensure the intent of each title by territory is accurately set up through the various upstream systems which enables other workflows against asset delivery and release deadlines. The role will also focus on streamlining processes and workflows for monthly net-new titles, regional product launches, and scalability.
• Collaborate with Programming and Title Planning on workflow, timelines, and requirements per title, keeping each team accountable for their details to maintain the accuracy of net-new assets ordered
• Manage A/V, artwork and metadata component orders in a timely manner, understanding quick turnarounds and tight deadlines
• Maintain component ordering status updates and date changes to Programming and Title Planning so they are aware of any update, shifts, or risk associated with title launch
• Manage communication of title expectations across functional teams for downstream workflow needs
• Evaluate, select, implement and continually improve an effective title ordering system
• Be the bridge between the Product experience and our Creative teams, clearly articulating what the product can and cannot do when it comes to language components and versioning
• Liaise with various stakeholders to develop and uphold service level agreements across multiple teams
• Identify common issues to resolve in planning of titles month over month
• Maintains effectiveness during rapidly changing assignments or priorities
• Documenting, troubleshooting, and escalating issues - ultimately driving to resolution through collaboration of internal or external partners
• Partner with team members to analyze and evaluate workflows and recommend operational enhancements to improve efficiency
• 5-7 years of experience managing A/V components and ordering titles in Media & Entertainment, preferably with a content streaming platform
• 1+ Year of experience managing multiple direct reports
• Strong project management experience and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment
• Experience launching a product globally, with multiple languages and asset types
• Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and a willingness to pivot as needed
• A collaborative spirit, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
• Strategic thinking and the ability to focus on long-term scalability and growth of the business
• Ability to dissect workflows and make tool recommendations that lead to more efficient and effective processes
• Comfortable using various data management systems and tools - e.g. Google and Microsoft suites (especially Excel), Smartsheet, Lucidchart, PowerBI, Tableau
• Clear written and verbal communication and the ability to command a room
• Thorough understanding of data security best practices a plus.
• SQL or other query language
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, or related technical field
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.