Principal Network Architect
Remote / Virtual
Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an outstanding collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo. Hulu is a premium streaming service that offers premium originals, current season TV, a massive library of hit series and movies, and live television. Our combined Disney and Hulu team is looking for hardworking team players to join the Media Engineering team, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience through strategic hard work and determination.
Media Engineering works on building out the scalable distributed systems for processing media that is core to our products. You will be joining the team that manages the automated processing of every piece of media available on Disney+.
As a software engineer on the Media Engineering team, you will collaborate with a diverse team of problem solvers to deliver new features that ensure our media processing pipeline is best-in-class. Your days will be a mix of talking new architectures, performing code reviews, collaborating with media experts that are industrial leaders, and of course developing code!
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
• Participate in the full lifecycle of application development from requirements gathering and designing, to building, testing, and maintaining our software
• Work closely with stakeholders to deliver excellent products on tight timelines
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field or equivalent practical experience
• Minimum 3 years' experience with developing software products
• Experience in programming with one or more general purpose programming languages (Java, Scala, C#, C++)
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.