Disney Streaming is an industry leader in providing over-the-top content solutions, including Disney+, Hulu & ESPN+. We strive to deliver live and on-demand content to consumers with innovative features and best in class reliability. The team builds the platform and applications to enable partners to bring Disney Streaming experiences to a rapidly growing subscriber base. We do this by providing developer tools, self service capabilities and live support monitoring and tracking. This team works to establish a cloud-based framework for customer interaction, support and execution worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Services Software Engineer who can partner with product managers, project managers, developers and product designers, across the Product and Customer Service organizations to deliver the best end-to-end customer experience: developing in-house automation tooling to support operations, enhancing the online Partner Portal, suggesting smart resolutions, and innovating the tools that customer's use to certify and deploy the Disney suite of apps for OTT delivery.
Your success depends upon:
• Your passion about product development, self-driven, highly motivated and you enjoy the independence of managing projects on your own
• You care about the customer experience and have experience building services that support consumer facing applications
• Your ability to be collaborative and enjoy working cross-functionally with other engineers, product managers, and designers
• Diligence, thoughtfulness, and have great oral and written communication skills
• Making wise choices and take smart risks when dealing with ambiguous requirements
• Proactivity and ability to move fast or pivot to meet the changing needs of the product
• Curiosity about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt to new technologies
• Enjoying problem solving and can use everything from data analysis to command line tools to help you identify and fix issues
• Back-end software development
• Engineering team agile process participation
• Minimum of 2 years of development experience working with customer-facing products
• REST web API experience required
• Experience with AWS cloud technology required – SNS/SQS/Kinesis/ECS/Lambda
• Experience with Event driven systems architectures (reactive design)
• Experience with containerized & serverless applications
• Experience working to support well-performing web-based user interfaces
• Experience building services using REST, GraphQL & WebSockets
• Practical knowledge and relevant experience deploying web services in cloud infrastructure
• Experience writing unit tests / implementing test driven development processes
• Experience with languages: Scala (primary), Java, Python
• Experience with storage technologies: DynamoDB, RDBMS, NoSQL
BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyyn30-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.