Product Manager, Native Video Player
San Francisco, CA
The Localization team at Disney+ is looking for an experienced LQA Lead to work on our international and market launch efforts. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Localization LQA, well versed in setting up processes and understanding the latest localization technologies, with expertise in language quality, process improvement, and vendor management. To be successful in this position, you will be required to start and manage complex localization workflows and interact with a variety of stakeholders, including designers, engineers, language-service providers, and contractors
• You will lead the international quality process for specific products and features for Disney+
• You think about the strategic and technical solutions to achieve business goals of Disney.
• You will lead technical implementations working with engineering teams, so we improve development and create a more engaging Disney+ product.
• You would focus on building efficiencies and automation that allow all our quality processes and systems to run on time and smoothly and never allow localization to be a blocker.
• You are able to communicate effectively the business requirements from internal teams to language-service providers, internal linguists, and other stakeholders.
• Help core product teams, designers, and engineers to recognize international requirements and integrate coding world-ready processes to be able to create a culturally and linguistically appropriate product.
• 7 years of hands-on Localization experience and program management experience in Globalization Operations or Globalization Program Management, creating tools and infrastructure of localization and translation.
• Experience hiring and managing internal and external LQA team working with vendors..
• Track record of managing and releasing complex and high-quality globalized products in collaboration with core product teams.
• Knowledge of globalization best practices and internationalization requirements.
• Track record of being a self-starter, self-motivated and outcome-oriented individual who seeks ownership and accountability.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience interacting with senior leadership.
• Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail.
• BA or MA in an area related to localization, project management, or a related field is preferred.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.