Principal Network Architect
Remote / Virtual
Disney Streaming Services is an industry leader in providing over-the-top content solutions, including Disney+ and ESPN+. We strive to deliver live and on-demand content to consumers with innovative features and best in class reliability. As a member of the Disney Streaming Networking organization, you would be responsible for securing and maintaining the global infrastructure necessary to support the company's streaming media platform.
We are currently looking for a Manager of Network Security Engineering who is passionate about all areas of data networking. The role is to be a leader within a dynamic team in support of the company's streaming services. The Manager of Network Security Engineer, as the leader of a team, is responsible for all aspects of a project necessary to achieve successful implementation. This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone to gain exposure to best of breed technologies as well as establish themselves in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment.
• Design, configure, test, and maintain network security equipment and related services
• Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves security problems as they arise
• Work with the Engineering and Operation teams to define and document network security standards and architecture
• Daily maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches and software upgrades, and routine hardware configuration
• Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
• 10+ years working in Internet related fields, and an advanced understanding of TCP/IP
• Expertise in network security best practices, procedures, and implementation
• Experience with user authentication, authorization and Identity management products and technologies
• Familiarity with multi-vendor network operating systems
• Extensive experience with next generation firewalls.
• Vulnerability and Penetration testing experience
• Experience with denial of service mitigation methods and tooling
• Familiarity with multi-vendor data center switching
• Ability to efficiently resolve network security issues with varying degrees of complexity
• Extensive experience with security standards, audits, and log analysis
• Experience with different methods of intrusion detection and prevention
• Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
• Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
• A self-starter able to work independently but also comfortable with delegating
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams
• Excellent customer presentation skills
• A solid understanding of network virtualization landscape along with their supporting technologies
• Experience with automation tools and scripting are highly desired
• Experience in multi-vendor network security topologies
• Experience working in an Agile and DevSecOps environment
• Experience in either the media or web scale sectors
• A propensity to experiment with emerging technologies
• Current industry certifications are preferred
• Securing BGP, AAA, ACLs, SIEM, Threat Detection, Packet capturing tools, TCP/IP, Linux, NAT, and IPv6.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably engineering related, or relevant work experience
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.