Disney Streaming is an industry leader in providing over-the-top content solutions, including Disney+, Hulu & ESPN+. We strive to deliver live and on-demand content to consumers with innovative features and best in class reliability. The team builds the platform and applications to enable partners to bring Disney Streaming experiences to a rapidly growing subscriber base. We do this by providing developer tools, self service capabilities and live support monitoring and tracking. This team works to establish a cloud-based framework for customer interaction, support and execution worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced Front End Software Engineer that can partner with product managers, project managers, developers and product designers, across the Product and Customer Service organizations to deliver the best end-to-end customer experience: developing in-house automation tooling to support operations, enhancing the online Partner Portal, suggesting smart resolutions, and innovating the tools that customer's use to certify and deploy the Disney suite of apps for OTT delivery.
Your success depends upon:
• Your passion about product development, self-driven, highly motivated and you enjoy the independence of managing projects on your own
• You care about the customer experience and have experience building consumer facing applications
• Your ability to be collaborative and enjoy working cross-functionally with other engineers, product managers, and designers
• Diligence, thoughtful, and have great oral and written communication skills
• Making wise choices and take smart risks when dealing with ambiguous requirements
• Proactivity and ability to move fast or pivot to meet the changing needs of the product
• Curiosity about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt to new technologies
• Enjoying problem solving and can use everything from data analysis to command line tools to help you identify and fix issues
• Front-end software development
• Engineering team agile process participation
• BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience required.
• Customer-facing experience required.
• 2-3 years of web development experience required
• REST web API experience strongly preferred
• Experience developing rich, interactive and well-performing user interfaces using frameworks like React, Angular, Vue
• Experience building services using REST, GraphQL & WebSockets
• Practical knowledge and relevant experience deploying web services layers in cloud infrastructure
• Experience writing unit tests / implementing test driven development processes
• Domain knowledge/passion in the Customer Focused software deployments
• Experience with A/B Testing
• Experience developing services using Apollo GraphQL platform
• Experience developing applications with WebSocket
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejyq7-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.