Disney Streaming (Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Star+) is looking for a hardworking Software Engineering Manager to join the Growth Lifecycle Event Gateways team in Santa Monica, CA.
The Growth Lifecycle engineering group is responsible for orchestrating the customer flow and integrating with various other backend services throughout the lifecycle of a subscriber for Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu. We own and support many tier-1 services that need to be highly available in all regions.
The Flex Client Gateways team builds the web, living room, and mobile client API gateways in and out of the Growth Lifecycle group. All four streaming services use these gateways to power sign up, product switch, cancel, refunds, and all things commerce-related to our customers.
We are a fast-paced and fast-growing team, where you will have influence over the technical direction and architecture for the services and tools built by your engineers. You will also have an opportunity to learn about the international landscape and challenges in the area of billing, payments, subscriptions, offers, and promotions.
• Drive the technical vision and evolution of the services owned by the team.
• Lead architectural and design discussions to help the team build highly scalable and critical services in a microservices architecture.
• Work with Product Managers, Product Designers, QA, Support, and other multi-functional teams to drive the vision and roadmap for the team.
• Lead and grow the team by hiring and retaining top engineering talent.
• Participate in Agile methodology and SCRUM processes such as Sprint Planning, Backlog grooming, Daily Standups, and Retrospectives with the team.
• Strong partner and communicator with the ability to articulate the team vision and technical concepts to multi-functional partners.
• Ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations and a fast-paced environment with constantly evolving business needs.
• Experience working with cloud-based deployments.
• Excellent motivator driving influence and high throughput from the team.
• Passionate about engineering standard methodologies and leading by example.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7b526-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.