User Experience (UX) Designer
Over 30 years, Eurosport has established itself as a household name for live sports. Now, under Discovery Sports, Eurosport has been re-energised to connect fans and athletes around the sports they love.
Delivering quality and live content first, Eurosport produces authentic, premium and innovative content, on linear and digital platforms. It combines expertise, passion and resources to develop high-value programmes and offer unrivalled coverage to viewers in 99 countries, in 21 languages. Core to Eurosport's strategy for engaging our sports audience is creating authentic, intuitive, and delightful digital products. Having secured the exclusive European broadcast rights for the Olympics until 2024, there's no better time than now to join Eurosport and the wider Warner Bros. Discovery group on this incredible adventure
As a UX Designer from a product-driven background, you will be responsible for defining user experience and interaction design for multiple complex features across both web-responsive and apps.
You'll regularly use empathy, logic and your knowledge of User-Centred Design to inform writing and design choices for cross-functional and cross-platform projects. The successful candidate will work collaboratively and transparently while maintaining high standards regarding best-practice, accessibility standards, etc. in order to influence product vision as part of a multidisciplinary team. You will also work closely with product, development, editorial, advertising and marketing teams to deliver product experiences that will place Eurosport digital properties ahead of the market.
• Contribute to the strategy for user experience design projects across a full range of online platforms and brands. Ensuring products embrace the values of their audience(s) and the needs of our business.
• Execute experience design solutions for responsive web and mobile apps.
• Communicate openly and transparently with business and technology stakeholders
• Use research, data and work closely with our Insights and
• Research teams to design products that meet both user and business needs. Evolve experiences to reflect user trends and emerging technologies.
• Validate products and features with users, ensuring experiences are useful and usable by the broadest of audiences in a global context.
• Work within the UXD Team in collaboration with Business, Product and Engineering colleagues to define requirements and deliver innovative solutions through a User-Centred Design approach.
• Ensure that the experience design output is viewed as a leading innovator by the media industry and international audiences.
• Ensure the design output is scalable and can support the breadth of their online products and brands.
You will have experience with User-Centred Design processes, and come from an agile background with the following experience:
• Experience in translating audience research and business requirements into effective experience design solutions.
• Experienced in applying UX Research & Testing findings, as well as knowledge of UX Research & Testing best practices - utilising both
• Qualitative & Quantitative methodologies.
Solid experience in both web-responsive and mobile apps UX design
• Ability to produce user journeys, flow diagrams, wireframes, sitemaps, functional specifications, guidelines and client-facing documentation.
• Ability to visualise experiences through sketches, storyboards, mockups and prototypes.
• Expert user of a wide range of digital tools for conceptualising, designing and prototyping e.g. Axure, UX Testing tools (e.g. UserZoom) Adobe CS, Figma, Sketch, Invision, Principle etc...
• Expertise in usability and accessibility including the ability to plan and facilitate usability testing sessions to evaluate designs and identify the needs of our users.
• Expertise in the field of information architecture.
• Experience in working with multiple brands / stake-holders across a range of platforms.
• Experience in planning and facilitating brainstorming sessions and workshops, both remote and in-person.
Ideally you'll have this too:
• Experience in designing Sport / News products is highly valuable.
• Experience in designing Video on Demand products / OTT services is highly valuable.
• A deep understanding of how audiences interact with these services across responsive web, mobile and connected TVs/ devices.
• Experience in designing video on demand subscription services.
• Experience of working in a digital media/broadcast company.
• Experience applying User-Centred Design processes across multiple platforms/ technologies.
An online design portfolio of case studies is required for consideration. When showcasing group work, please specify your personal contribution to the project.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp5vox-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.