Discovery Digital Ad Technology and Operations team oversees the fulfillment of digital monetization advertising revenue across Discovery Inc. owned and operated and various distribution platforms. This team works alongside internal and external stakeholders to define and drive technical advertising projects, ad technology, integrations while ensuring successful ad delivery experience across all direct to consumer, digital video, social and partner platforms.
Our team will challenge the processes, think outside the box and provide the best in class ad technology and operations solutions to our clients while ensuring a seamless viewing experience to customers.
About the Role:
The Technical Project Manager will partner with Ad Sales and Ad Tech/Operations leadership on both long-term strategy and meeting the short-term goals of the business. This position will own all aspects of projects including requirements gathering and translating the scope of work into project plans containing timelines, deliverables, dependencies and risks to both project milestones and negative revenue impacts should delays occur. Will lead and be primary point of contact for internal stakeholders, vendors, and partners to ensure project roadmaps are delivered on time and in budget. Forge positive working relationships across Ad Sales, DTC, and GT&O organizations. Provide detailed status reports and communicate regularly with leadership on project completion, progress, and obstacles.
• Work with Ad Tech teams in DTC and Ad Sales organizations to determine schedules to launch new products, enhanced features and system overhauls supporting the US Ad Sales organization.
• Responsible for cross-functional project planning, prioritization, execution, and communication to key stakeholders.
• Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
• Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for team members required for specific projects or initiatives.
• Communicate schedules, dependencies, issues, and risks across teams and to stakeholders
• Define communication plan for projects, routinely provide updates to senior leadership and hold stakeholders accountable across cross-functional teams.
• Measure and track project performance using data, appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Must be successful influencing teams and stakeholders remotely given #DiscoveryWorksRemote.
• Must be willing to travel up to 20% of time.
• A Bachelor's or master's degree
• At least 5 years of experience in a customer-facing professional services, consulting, customer success, or project management role in the software and/or media video ad serving platforms.
• Proactive, thorough, and transparent in communication.
• Ability to influence and motivate project teams across Ad Sales, DTC, and GT&O organization to meet deliverables and ensure customer satisfaction with project end state.
• Comfortable working through ambiguity and anticipating the needs of different stakeholders.
• Exceptional organizational skills to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of key goals. Ability to drive teams/decisions through ambiguity.
• Strong technical, analytical, and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to drive decisions.
• Familiarity and ability to drive projects to completion using Smartsheet.
• Knowledgeable of advertising sales systems and technologies tied to tech-stacks (FreeWheel, Operative, Google Ad Manager, Salesforce). Understanding of programmatic ecosystem a plus.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5epq-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.