About Discovery Golf
Discovery Golf is a new global venture from Discovery that will bring coverage from the best professional golf events to fans around the world. Discovery Golf is creating a new, innovative digital platform to deliver live content and special features that will change the way golf coverage is enjoyed.
The GOLFTV Product Team under the Discovery Golf umbrella is looking for a Technical Product Manager to support the development and execution of the features and functionality on GOLFTV. This role requires a deep understanding of the digital video streaming industry as well as the technology and architecture behind AVOD, SVOD, and TVOD businesses. This role will directly impact how the Discovery Golf businesses continue to drive engagement and serve video content reliably and consistently to millions of users around the world.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, this role be working with high-velocity and agile development teams across multiple digital platforms and systems. You will be responsible for carrying features through the full product lifecycle – ideation to production, supplementing with product requirement documents, market research, user stories, user testing, defining KPIs, wireframes, flow diagrams, testing, risk analysis and other supporting information to make product iterations successful. You will be at the intersection between the business, customers and technology.
You have deep technical understanding of video streaming technologies, from video ingestion, encoding, storage, video management systems, delivery on different streaming protocols, video players and playback across multiple platforms, content protection, video advertising, content rights management and entitlements, and end-to-end video content workflows. You are able to get your hands dirty to troubleshoot any video streaming issues and efficiently help engineers come to solutions. You have high standards on video architecture standards, availability, scalability, efficiency, and team culture.
In addition to the responsibilities noted above:
• Understand, support, and improve the overall video architecture and solutions for all platforms
• Partner with content teams to optimize video workflows and management of content and metadata (VMS & CMS)
• Monitor analytics related to quality of streaming and advertising delivery to solve problems and further optimize user experience and KPIs
• Lead video-related projects end-to-end such as DRM, Embeddable Player, Video syndication feeds, trick-play, closed captions support, video ad products, and SSAI/DAI.
• Push the boundaries on video streaming technologies such as introducing 4K, H.265, glass-to-glass latency reduction,
• Manage partners and global Discovery teams on video solution roadmap items that align with Discovery Golf's roadmap.
• Responsibilities for successful video playback includes platforms across Web, iOS, Android, Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Xbox One, PlayStation, and other similar devices.
• Stay abreast of the video streaming industry standards, competitive set, and digital trends.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
• At least 3 years of technical experience managing large scale, high-volume digital platforms supporting SVOD, TVOD, and AVOD business models.
• Expert experience and proficiency in developing application using ReactJS, React Native, NodeJS, ExpressJS, MongoDB and has extensive experience in designing and developing micro services.
• Working experience with platform-specific languages such as Swift for iOS, Java or Kotlin for Android, etc.
• Working experience using GitHub, GitLab as well as CD/CI tools such as Jenkins, PM2 and similar tools and technologies.
• Commanding knowledge of device manufacturer guidelines, signing, certification and publishing processes.
• Commanding knowledge of UI component lifecycles, rendering and performance in at least one of our target platforms.
• Expert level experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures.
• Cloud infrastructure experience on AWS or GCP, as well as integration experience using web services - SOAP and/or REST.
• Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills with the ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
• A passion for Golf and/or a good understanding of the media and sport industries.
• Excellent written and oral communication. Able to write and present to non-digitally-savvy audiences.
• Must have the legal right to work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmx63x-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.