Product Manager - Commerce
New York, NY
Discovery Digital Media covers a wide array of vertical platforms, including TV Everywhere, OTT, and DTC. Our Digital Analytics team plays an integral role in delivering insights to inform all Digital product and strategy decisions that Discovery takes. We're looking for a seasoned Sr. Data Engineer to join the team.
• Be responsible for supporting the development of digital analytics capabilities, processes and best practices across the business.
• Leverage different systems and various testing tools to ensure data quality and data integrity of our growing array of data sources on various Digital platforms.
• Work with Product and developers to fix data issues.
• Be responsible in generating data-driven insights to help turn business problems and challenges into opportunities.
• Take a leading role in growing scale and deepening understanding of our data assets– including internal, external, structured, and unstructured data– while testing hypotheses using appropriate analytical techniques.
Work with the larger Digital and Commercial Insights Lab team to:
• Support the design and construction of relevant data sets
• Ability to create test cases, capture meaningful logs, review test results, report/document technical issue, and work with developers to help troubleshoot.
• Support development of data quality framework to proactively identify data inconsistencies and errors; work to ensure that issues are quickly remedied.
• Video player knowledge required.
• Understanding of video and product quality metrics such as video start time, EBVS, etc.
• Knowledge with Adobe Analytics
• Familiar with app distribution platforms: TestFlight and HockeyApp
• Assist and contribute to development of predictive models
• Apply machine learning techniques to solve complex questions or fuel new business opportunities.
• Understand the data- and analytics-related activities in various business lines, focused but by no means limited to digital platforms
• Promote and assist driving understanding and adoption of digital data assets
* Bachelor's, Master's in a related field of studies (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math preferred)
* Proficient with programming/data tools such as SAS, SQL, R, Python, Hadoop, Hive
* Experience working with data science and/or software engineering teams
* Experience with statistical and predictive modelling techniques such as machine learning, decision trees, probability networks, association rules, anomaly detection, recommender systems, natural language processing, clustering and regression.
* Experience is Data processing and manipulation on Cloud systems such as AWS and Google Cloud
* Knowledge and understanding of the media/digital media industry a plus
* Knowledge of web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics is a plus
* Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to draw conclusions based on data
* Very detail oriented
* Strategic thinker, flexible problem solver, great listener and team orientation
* Comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment
* Excellent communication skills
* Skilled at project tracking and execution
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.