Software Development Engineer
New York, NY
Discovery, Inc. is searching for an Associate Product Manager, Lifestyle Studios in New York, NY to join our team to build and manage products across our well-loved lifestyle brands.
As an Associate Product Manager, Lifestyle Studios, you will play a role in creating and delivering best-in-class digital customer experiences across our Lifestyle brands. You'll work with colleagues across product, design, engineering, editorial, marketing and business. You'll thrive making product decisions for brands that customers know and love, based on user data and research. Your passion will be to discover and develop products and features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our users and strategic success for our company.
1. Discover how our products can best serve customers daily needs based on a deep understanding of the user, data analysis, and market analysis.
2. Help manage initiatives from conception through execution, identifying KPIs and monitoring them post-launch for insights into next steps.
3. Collaborate with product colleagues, designers and engineers on user stories, prioritization, and sprint planning, demos, and retros.
4. Participate in the full product lifecycle -- from ideation, design, definition, through to delivery -- collaborating with teams across the organization
5. Communicate a clear set of consumer needs at all times to drive key decisions and prioritization.
As the ideal candidate, you're a driven, passionate advocate for your customers and your business, with a sense of urgency to make things better wherever you are. You make data-driven decisions and obsess about the customer. You have a strong point of view, but you're open-minded. Your team loves working with you because you lead through inspiration and motivation. You build trust with all areas of the business and have a proven track record. You take end-to-end ownership and consistently deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor's degree required
• 2-3 years experience in digital, ideally
• Demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas
• Deep empathy for customers and other humans
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with analytics and user research to drive decisions
• Experience/exposure to Agile methodologies
• Ability to speak fluently with business people, engineers, partners
• Experience with product discovery, design thinking, lean product a plus
• Experience as a designer, engineer, data analyst or user researcher a plus
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.