Motion Graphics Designer, Creative Marketing
Magnolia Network is a collaboration between Chip and Joanna Gaines and Discovery, Inc. At Magnolia Network, we believe in telling life's stories authentically and empowering viewers to move past their comfort zones and try new things.
The Photo Manager of Creative Operations is responsible for managing all original series photography workflows, talent approvals and asset management systems for Magnolia Network.
• Work in partnership with the Photo Production Manager to uphold the quality and quantity of photography.
• Manage database of all photography assets, which includes establishing and maintaining an archive system.
• Oversee the network-wide photo library, managing restrictions and permissions of the assets for company-wide release. Includes press and talent exclusives.
• Establish a comprehensive photography workflow, managing production shoot dates and photography budgets.
• Manage talent photo approvals, through Global Edit, partnering with talent relations.
• Partner with production companies to obtain contractual photography deliverables, ensuring all are delivered properly.
• Onboard all new photographers.
• Manage photo related digital accounts, including stock photography companies and internal Discovery systems.
• Maintain specs, delivery process and metadata naming conventions for all photography.
• Manage, clean–up and organize photo assets on all archive systems.
• Must have problem solving skills for evaluating situations and to make improvements and/or adjustments.
• Stay abreast of all technologies used in photography and video with an eye toward future expansion.
• BFA in Photography or related field
• 5+ years of experience in photo managing/editing/DAM field
• Excellent grasp of great visual communication and the ability to stretch creatively with each new project, while keeping in mind company objectives and strategic goals
• Passion for great photography and design
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to work independently, as well in a team situation and with clients, working under pressure, and juggling multiple and complex projects
• Strong knowledge of photo production, retouching and workflow
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding in Federal copyright laws, usage licenses and embargo
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Nearest Major Market: Waco
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.