As Discovery Inc's portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery's products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery's growing pay-tv, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for working with the operations and engineering teams around the strategic, tactical, and improvement of the global network platforms. The individual will be evaluating processes regularly to ensure expected outcomes are achieved in the most efficient way along with identifying service improvements and document those improvements. Help ensure standards and processes are followed. This specific role is based in the Netherlands and will be the first member of our European team located in the country. The reporting manager is based in Paris (France)
• Effectively support of all DCI network infrastructure by responding to and resolving all trouble tickets within the stipulated SLA time - including onsite checks and works when needed – 30%
• Deliver the projects according to the customer needs following the standards and the designs defined – 20%
• Clearly understand the root cause of all the network outages and take remediation steps to prevent the recurrence of the problem – 10%
• Ability to prioritize work based on business criticalities and be flexible to work on ad hoc tasks as assigned by the manager – 20%
• Fully understand and adhere to the team's network standards and procedures both in technical and functional areas – 10%
• Maintain positive relationships with all user communities, peers and the management team – 10%
• Perform other duties as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar
• English speaking is mandatory, French would be appreciated
• Minimum 2 years of experience in network administration in an enterprise production environment or Data Center infrastructure with spine and leaf environment
• Skills with network protocols, standards and policies
• Skills with either Juniper or Cisco/Arista platforms
• Strong team member with self-motivation and autonomous
• Troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize self
• Understanding of network basics : load balancing, remote access, DNS, DHCP and IPAM platforms and IPSec/SSL VPNs
• Customer service and communication skills
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule
• Travel anticipated for this position mainly locally - 30 min from Amsterdam where we have a DC
• Must have the legal right to work in Europe (Amsterdam, Paris)
• Skills with Palo Alto (preferred) or other firewall platforms
• Experience with operating business grade Wi-Fi network
• Media industry experience
• Sports/TV networking knowledge – multicast networking, distribution and contribution
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roejz2-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.