London, United Kingdom
• Support the Senior Marketing Manager by playing a key role in the formulation, planning and execution of consumer, affiliate and trade marketing activities across the Discovery portfolio.
• Support tentpole sporting events on discovery+ and Eurosport, such as the Olympics. Plus support wider tentpoles across Discovery's portfolio of brands as directed including content beyond Sports - which could include factual, crime, reality, paranormal or other content.
• Ensure all consumer, affiliate, sales support and trade materials reflect the respective channel brand positionings, adhere to guidelines and are effective in communicating brand messages.
• Manage the day to day relationship with marketing agencies and the central marketing team as directed on the development, production and implementation of marketing activities.
• Write compelling creative briefs and manage the creative process with the in-house team.
• Ensure integration is seamless and consistent with ATL, digital, on-air, PR and social media disciplines working closely and collaboratively with those teams.
• Provide sports knowledge, insights, approvals and advice across the UK team.
• Work with the partnerships team to provide sports insight and help manage the day to day relationships with affiliates & partners, actioning reactive requests expediently, working proactively to deepen Discovery's relationships and ensuring any contractual obligations are met.
• Manage and support the production of sales materials for revenue-generating departments, including reels, marketing collateral, presentations and premiums.
• Manage, coordinate and execute special events together with sales departments and agencies.
• Liaise with other marketers within the Discovery group to ensure efficiencies, share assets and best practice.
• Working with the Senior Marketing Manager, feed into the marketing budget and facilitate accurate onward spend forecasting.
• Experienced brand and content marketer with a proven track record in driving high profile 360 campaigns in the UK, with a specific focus on Sports and Factual content.
• Ability to see the bigger picture and understand strategic goals.
• Strong understanding of brands and how to manage performance.
• Strong writing and presentation skills.
• Experience of organising events.
• Data driven and consumer obsessed, ensuring our target audience cohorts are at the heart of all communications.
• Have an understanding of consumer insights and how to apply them.
• Excellent communicator – able to liaise effectively with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
• Team player - working closely with the other functional groups within the marketing function; PR, Commercial, Scheduling, CX, Social, Partnerships and other teams to create integrated campaigns that support channel priorities
• Attention to detail with the ability to devise new and innovative ideas that will help strengthen our brands.
• A deep understanding of TV, streaming and media industry.
• Flexibility to work across Sport, Factual and Lifestyle depending on the commissioning role out plans across the business.
• Ability to work under pressure and multi-task while meeting budgets and tight deadlines.
• A willingness to go the extra mile.
• Be thought leader and go-to contact on sport in the team.
• Establish an efficient workflow with the central ES team to receive and adapt assets suitable for a local audience.
• Communications, marketing or multimedia degree with at least 5 years' experience in marketing
Necessary Qualities and Skills:
• Superior project and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
• Excellent written and communications skills with a strong ability to manage internal and external stakeholders – relationship management is key to this role.
• Team player & collaborator.
• Importance of communication within the team environment,
• Adaptability, flexibility, ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, be an agent of change, embrace new ways of working.
• Understand and be responsive to the evolving priorities of the business.
• Always go the extra mile.
• Actively contribute to maximising the ROI on marketing budgets.
• Drive key KPI targets with a focus on building awareness and growth on d+
• Actively contribute to driving channel ad revenue
• Active support in Brand Partnerships strategy to reach revenue goals.
• Timely & technically flawless execution of planned campaigns & activities.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7n3q-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.