Director Content Strategy
Los Angeles, CA
In partnership with EVP CFO Intl & Global Digital, this Vice President, Financial Reporting & Analysis is responsible for Global Digital strategic and commercial finance support for Direct To Consumer (DTC) / Global Digital business and financial planning and analysis (FP&A). The role will be the “go-to” financial leader in the U.S. for our DTC products handling strategic and tactical business reviews and financial modeling to ensure we scale both our subscription and future AVOD streaming service models. Will analyze, value and recommend trade-offs across D+ and TVE as the product comes online.
Lead data-driven financial planning by:
• Identify and analyze current and past trends and develop key performance indicators in areas including revenue, cogs, operating expenses and capital expenditures.
• Highlight trends and analyze causes of unexpected variances.
• Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools.
• Supervise and train accounting and finance personnel.
• Manage quarterly and monthly financial analysis oversight.
• Implement Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard.
• Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies.
• Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
• Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
• Support Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis.
• Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Management Team.
• Demonstrate insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to business area partners and management, in order to drive business results.
• Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information, and to provide practical business leadership to drive business decision making across the company.
• Develop and manage finance function that continually drives efficiency and process improvement.
Drive strategic impact by:
• Modeling and analyzing new business opportunities.
• Analyzing key business initiatives.
• Following through on execution of initiatives.
• Providing strategic support to senior management
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance required; must be able to travel approx 15-20% of time.
• Minimum ten (10) + years of financial experience in the media industry, including financial planning and analysis; preferably in a global setting.
• Interest and enthusiasm for evolving streaming media landscape. Some prior experience with start-up and/or digital naïve companies preferred.
• Proven experience operating in a matrixed environment and achieving results through others.
• Ambitious, keen to take on additional responsibility.
• Creative thinking team player able to both lead and participate in cross functional projects.
• Strong financial qualifications who is commercially focused.
• Ability to meet stringent deadlines and work under pressure.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Range of systems experience, including planning and forecasting tools, financial software ideally SAP & BPC, databases and spreadsheets.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills including ability to communicate financial concepts to non-financial people.
• Excellent attention to detail. High quality, consistent deliverables.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.