FP&A Senior Manager
1. PL Management and Forecasting: the Manager track/monitors, reviews and researches financial statements for all areas of the organization, as well as, consolidation of monthly forecasting.
2. Assists Director of FP&A in the coordination and preparation of monthly financials.
3. Conducts monthly reviews with business managers in order to reconcile and ensure that expense budgets are managed at the appropriate levels, while utilizing proper financial management techniques.
4. Leads the development and implementation of the tools to be utilized by budget managers in the preparation of regular revenues and expense forecasts.
5. Serves as the point of contact between Finance and business managers of all non-financial areas in what relates to expense budget management and forecasting.
6. Assists in the preparation of Affiliate and Ad Sales revenues plans and forecasts. Acts as the liaison with accounting to resolve any postings discrepancies.
7. Coordinates and prepares comprehensive package of revenue, expense, market analysis and statistical data reports for utilization by DLA senior management and Discovery Networks International.
8. Prepares commentaries analyses of close reports on a monthly basis and submits to home office for review.
9. Provide the methods and systems most appropriate for the non-financial areas to manage their budgets, ensure proper expense handling by networks and regions, and communicate any budget issues within Finance for resolution.
10. Assist in the creation and maintenance of the guidelines for the Financial Planning area.
11. Serves as liaison between DLA/USH Headquarters and the local offices.
12. Assist with preparation of presentation for quarterly management reviews.
13. Train co-workers as needed.
1. Serves as main support to Director of FP&A and plays a key role in the development and implementation of the structure, methodology and tools for the development of the annual business plan for the Latin America Division.
2. Assists the Director of FP&A in the development of the business strategy and preparations for Quarterly Strategic Operating Reviews.
3. Serves as main point of contact for business managers through out the planning process into what relates to the division?s objectives, process and timelines.
4. Orients managers in matters related to proper financial management.
5. Leads the development of cost studies to identify efficiencies and in the development of studies to evaluate new business initiatives and company investments. Performs financial analysis of the assigned areas of the business as needed by senior management to aid in the decision making process.
6. Participates in the development of pricing studies for both areas of revenue (Affiliate and Ad Sales).
Audits: Assists Financial Planning Director in addressing audit issues, leading the efforts in his/her respective areas.
Personnel management: Responsible for the supervision of one Financial Analyst
* Minimum 7 years of accounting/finance or related experience.
* Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience is preferred. MBA preferred.
* Must possess excellent communications skills in dealing with various operation groups and senior management.
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
* Detail oriented, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel, Power Point and Access)
* Must be proficient in SAP and EPM/BPC.
* Ability to adapt and function within a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
* The ideal candidate will have a mix of financial and accounting experience including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and planning.
* Industry experience in cable, network, and digital, advertising sales or television is preferred with international experience also a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1m33-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.