The Customer Experience Specialist's principal responsibility is to coordinate and manage the Customer Experience set-up for Discovery in the EMEA markets–currently The United Kingdom, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain. In particular, this role will ensure that both the in-house and outsourced aspects of the CX team deliver the highest quality of service while delivering against the agreed KPIs.
The Customer Experience teams are both Discovery's and Discovery's customer-facing voice. Therefore, the successful candidate will need to ensure that their team's responses are professional, friendly and aligns with the brand's tone of voice and company core-values.
As a Discovery team member, you will be part of shaping how millions of users across the globe consume Discovery's vast catalogue of content on a daily basis.
• Ensure all product bugs and issues are escalated to the right people internally and in a timely manner
• Continuously identify whether existing internal processes and tools could be improved in order to increase day-to-day operational efficiency
• Ensure that the Discovery Customer Experience operation is always staffed according to need
• Provide leadership, training and coaching to the CX agents
• Derive and document actionable insights from the reporting to continuously improve the team's processes and KPIs
• Generate reports for delivery and presentation to other business units and local Discovery stakeholders
• Ensure the FAQ pages are regularly reviewed and up to date with the most current information
• Maintain an internal knowledge base for agents to ensure they are always up to date on technical issues and other important aspects of the services
• A consistent focus on the strategic goals of the department–ensuring those are continually managed and communicated throughout the CX team
• Be a fast learner and identify patterns which could indicate a wider problem
• Digitally savvy. Clear understanding how to navigate, use, and where required, trouble-shooting customer-facing applications (iOS, Android, Web, TV apps, etc.)
• Strong communication and organizational skills. Ability to self-organize, take ownership of a task and drive it through to completion
• Able to build strong relationships with team members at Discovery but also other staff members in our other regional offices around the world
• Able to plan team workloads and work towards tight deadlines
• Proven ability to work well under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and a positive approach
• Strong Customer Experience ethos, committed to quality, with the will and enthusiasm to drive improvements
• Strong analytical skills, understanding of complex issues, the ability to quickly absorb information and creative problem-solving excellence
• Ability to identify and manage risk–escalating and helping to resolve issues as they happen
• As part of an international team, fluent English is mandatory
• A minimum of 3+ years of hands-on practical experience as a manager, team leader and/or trainer for a Customer Experience team
• Be a Zendesk super-user. In particular, for a multi-brand Zendesk instance, is a plus
• Experience on working on high-traffic platforms and websites
• While not required, experience working on a video-on-demand streaming service would be preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj3v4-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.